Corsair Community

K95 LED Bulbs

Scuba.stevE

I've had my Vengeance K95 for about 2 months now and loving it, however, I'm now experiencing the LED burnout issue that, since I've now been reading a lot of posts, is evidently a common issue.

This keyboard was not cheap, and I'm not interested in forking over the ~$30 it will cost to RMA it (not to mention the RMA site has no product group for keyboards). From what I have read, replacements have the same issue anyhow.

So my question is this - does anyone know the specs of the LEDs so I can do a manual replacement? I know this will involve taking apart the keyboard and soldering the new bulbs in, obviously voiding my warranty - I am OK with this, I am positive I'll save money at the end of the day. The size appears to be 3mm, does anyone know the voltage/current they would be?

• 2 months later...

Good thread.

RAM is it possible to contact led manufacturer to get the LED datasheet.

I have two K70's and when the warranty runs out I don't wanna get stuck with dead led's.

We would like to know the spec for blue as well as red leds.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I have the k95.

While I didn't have any of my normal mechanical key lights fail, my M2 memory profile light did fail.

I am also interested in the answer for replacing the lights,even if the process for replacing the light of the M2 key differs slightly.

Spec on the white LED's would be awesome,

Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

After doing research online into the issue with the LEDS failing on my K95. I see a multitude of people have come across this issue. Knowing that Corsair would be about right with their estimates of say 1% or so are bad due to the volumes of sales and the very small number of returns in regards to the product. (Some people just live with it or buy something else and say nothing (Who knows)).

Considering I have the K95 RGB on my main computer and it's on 24/7 NO LEDS have failed and the keyboard is over 2 years old!! My Games machine has the K95 with White LEDS which brings me here.

MY solution being an Electronic Engineer is to replace EVERY LED in the keyboard. To me this is a cheap solution considering buying the LEDS online are so cheap. I've ordered 200 3mm Clear White 5000 MCP LEDs. This way I don't need to worry about what is there already and having future failures of the LEDs that I didn't replace at the time.

• 4 weeks later...

Update to post above.

When I ordered the white 3mm Leds I also ordered 200 3mm BLUE 6000mcp LEDS. The BLUE ones turned up first.

So disassembling the keyboard (YouTube vids are helpful) then removing ALL the old white leds using solder wick then testing the holes and making sure none are blocked. all good. WE all know that LEDS have Anode and Cathode leads and the Anode is the longer lead. You will notice if you look carefully at the key switch that there is a letter A on the left of the led lead slot, This is NOT the Anode side, just to confuse you.

So now I have a K95 BLUE and a K95 RGB keyboard. the Blue LEDS are very bright at 6000mcp and light up the key caps nicely.

BUT the Macro key leds and a few others are tiny surface mounted leds unfortunately, the only 3 "Normal" leds up there are for "Shift Lock", "Number Lock" and "Scroll Lock" respectively.

The media keys are lit by a rectangular white led. I left mine just to be different likewise the Macro key leds that all work ok I left due to not having the tools to replace the SMD LEDS.

So for your information the White 3mm Leds are 6000mcp, Voltage you don't need to know this because all White and Blue LEDS are the same and are controlled by onboard chip, Pulsed at high frequency etc.

It does take time to do but it's worth it in the end :)

Archived