Corsair Community

H115i Platinum: USB reconnect every now and then, lighting goes crazy

momorious

Rainbow wave and all other moving lighting effects like Arc are triggering this issue. It's a software bug, we have to hope that Corsair will fix this quickly, otherwise this pump would make absolutely no sense at all over the normal cheaper non platinum version when we can only make static color...

It's different pumps in platinum and pro versions though.

CoolIT pumps in Platinum series and Asetek pumps in Pro series.

Also I believe the fans are better in the Platnium series comparing to Pro series.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's different pumps in platinum and pro versions though.

CoolIT pumps in Platinum series and Asetek pumps in Pro series.

Also I believe the fans are better in the Platnium series comparing to Pro series.

fans are not really better, they are just RGB on the Platinum where on the Pro they are not RGB.

Anyway, for the moment there is no reason to buy the Platinum over the Pro when the RGB 16 zone lighting (which is THE key aspect for buying the Platinum) is broken.

fans are not really better, they are just RGB on the Platinum where on the Pro they are not RGB.

That is not true - the fans on the Platinum are higher speed than the ones with the Pro or the standard ML-RGB fans. They have the same speed as the original ML fans.

Anyway, for the moment there is no reason to buy the Platinum over the Pro when the RGB 16 zone lighting (which is THE key aspect for buying the Platinum) is broken.

Which is crazy ... it's working for me with the registry fix that I sent you ... but that didn't work for you. With 16 zone lighting, multiple effects for the BlinkenLights.

Eh, I bought it for the different pump design, and the different (larger) contact plate.

The RGB was just kinda gravy.

I replaced the fans anyway because I don't like the ML RGBs. Also yes they run faster but also a LOT louder at 100%. And if you run them at a comfortable noise level the cooling is the same as the Pro version even with the slightly larger contact plate (+/- 1 °C)

For me personally the ONLY reason to buy the platinum over the Pro was and still is the 16 zone moving rgb lighting (I love the Arc effect the most) and therefore I am REALLY angry about this feature being broken and I really hope Corsair can find a fast solution. If not then I will ask for a full refund directly from Corsair in a few months. I give them maximum until Eastern. If they didn't fixed their software by then, I will contact my lawyer to discuss further steps.

I have h100i rgb, and having exact same issue. But it usually happens when I'm running games. I hear fan's rpm gets faster, then I hear the sound of windows USB device disconnected as well as the fan's rpm gets slow down. My cooler USB is connected to the commander pro. It still happens even I connect the cooler USB directly to the motherboard. I already disabled Q-Fan via BIOS, and I tired all I could, but it is still happening. I'm reading what people posted in this forum, and thinking it is more likely either driver/software problem.

P.S : it became worse after I updated iCUE software to the newest version(3.10.125).

do your fans/colours do the same as this??

Anyone else?

This lighting setup is the change with cpu temp (basically a static colour)

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=985499#post985499

Just wanted to chime in here. I'm having the same issue described by everyone above with my new H115i RGB Platinum. Random USB disconnect sounds and resets the lighting and causes the pump speed to spike for a second until it reconnects. Before finding this thread it just seemed like a weird bug and I saw that there was a firmware update that I thought might fix it, but it disconnected while doing the firmware update and I think it might have bricked it. Now the H115i doesn't show up in iCUE (other devices still do) and I can't adjust the fan speed which is now stuck at roughly 50% and is pretty loud. I tried plugging it into a different usb header and I tried uninstalling/reinstalling iCUE and rebooting, but no luck.

I replaced the fans anyway because I don't like the ML RGBs. Also yes they run faster but also a LOT louder at 100%. And if you run them at a comfortable noise level the cooling is the same as the Pro version even with the slightly larger contact plate (+/- 1 °C)

For me personally the ONLY reason to buy the platinum over the Pro was and still is the 16 zone moving rgb lighting (I love the Arc effect the most) and therefore I am REALLY angry about this feature being broken and I really hope Corsair can find a fast solution. If not then I will ask for a full refund directly from Corsair in a few months. I give them maximum until Eastern. If they didn't fixed their software by then, I will contact my lawyer to discuss further steps.

my arc effect seems to be working fine now for a week no probs

For me it's still broken. Same for 99,8% of all other owners of the pump...

I left (uninstalled) iCUE until this stabilizes even though I belive iCUE working fine with static color setting? I try avoiding as much software running in the background as possible, it's just me. I will give iCUE a new try in the future.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=183541

I'm not that dependent on iCUE since RGB isn't important for me, currenly using a static color which I set as a hardware default before uninstalling iCUE.

In general I'm impressed by the cooling performance and low noise levels from this aio though. :-)

My Ryzen 5 1600X currently running a decent 3.95GHz overclock (I can definately go higher without temp issues).

Pump in quiet mode and fans in a push pull config, front case installation pulling cold air through radiator. No I don't listen to linus tech tips on youtube, also I don't care much about dust management, I prefer optimizing my system even though we are talking about small differences.

Temps using the Stress FPU test in Aida64 stabilizes on about 61-62 °C. Prime version 2.66 about the same (in average depending on which specific test or configuration). I don't use Prime95 since I believe it is a bit unrealistic but I guess I will test it for really pushing this aio.

Idle temp after 2-3 hours is 25°C (average).

Many people speaking highly of huge air coolers like be quiet dark rock pro 4 and the almost legendary Noctua D15 but I highly doubt they would match the h115i platinum at quiet settings under tough cpu loads.

Also I'm using the factory cooling paste on my h115i platinum.

Edited by makatech

Rainbow wave and all other moving lighting effects like Arc are triggering this issue. It's a software bug, we have to hope that Corsair will fix this quickly, otherwise this pump would make absolutely no sense at all over the normal cheaper non platinum version when we can only make static color...

I really have to agree with you. Just ordered mine and considering canceling the order. I’m pretty close to buying into the Corsair ecosystem but what’s the point if the selling features don’t actually work?

I really have to agree with you. Just ordered mine and considering canceling the order. I’m pretty close to buying into the Corsair ecosystem but what’s the point if the selling features don’t actually work?

Although I am also waiting for a fix for the RGB issue, I believe the 115i Platinum is still a solid buy, IMHO. Having 1 color currently on an RGB enabled device does stink, I'm hoping corsair will step it into high-gear and work on a fix. Same thing happened to my Corsair RGB Strafe when it first came out years ago, and it did indeed get fixed.

If it helps you decide to get it, I went from lower 70's in temp with an r7 1700 at 3.7ghz on all cores with stock cooler, to low 30s while gaming. iCUE software reports 23c though. Running Cinebench I get low 50s. I think it's still a good buy, just with hiccups.

I have the same problem with the USB connection h115i platinum

It's a bit embarrassing how Corsair is dealing with this issue, somebody from Corsair should clarify things. Did you try the workaround only using static color in iCUE (if this helps)?

On the tech forum in Sweden several users recommended me using Corsair Link instead until iCUE stabilizes for the platinum series but I don't think this is an option since h115i platinum isn't compatible with Corsair Link.

We should try getting together notifying all reviewers out there about this issue. There are probably many reviewers out there giving Platinum great reviews totally unaware of this bug.

People reading the great reviews and some are actually buying this for the rgb features, I would get angry. For me it's not a huge issue because I didn't buy it for the rgb effects but I really understand why some people are angry about this and Corsair shouldn't get away with this. Until it is solved they should at least put some info on the official product page and support sections about this instad of hiding.

Edited by makatech

• Corsair Employee

Hey everyone, this is a known issue and the team is actively working on getting a solution for this. Several users have been very helpful with this and we hope to have a solution soon. One option you could utilize - is the Hardware Lighting playback. This could be used by users who are currently experiencing this issue.

As other mentions, you can use a static light effect and the disconnect shouldn't occur. But in the meantime, if you want to use these RGB effects, click on "Lighting Effect" and underneath it, you should see "Hardware Lighting".

You will have to remove either the Link cable or close iCue afterwards, but this would allow users to use these RGB effects. This is just a temporary solution till we work out the issue. Sorry for the trouble this has caused anyone.

• Like 1

Just like to reply to this since it is the only thread I can find with a Corsair Rep response.

This issue is still happening, and I have tried everything to get it to stop. Setting the lights to static appears to fix it, but I didn't pay extra for static LEDs. This was the final part in a VERY healthy build, so it would be nice if there were some sort of update. Honestly the disconnects wouldn't be all that bad if it weren't for the sound effect over and over every minute or so. The cooling seems to be unaffected, but still. Come on Corsair, Everything in my case is Corsair, can we get this one thing fixed?

Hey everyone, this is a known issue and the team is actively working on getting a solution for this. Several users have been very helpful with this and we hope to have a solution soon. One option you could utilize - is the Hardware Lighting playback. This could be used by users who are currently experiencing this issue.

As other mentions, you can use a static light effect and the disconnect shouldn't occur. But in the meantime, if you want to use these RGB effects, click on "Lighting Effect" and underneath it, you should see "Hardware Lighting".

You will have to remove either the Link cable or close iCue afterwards, but this would allow users to use these RGB effects. This is just a temporary solution till we work out the issue. Sorry for the trouble this has caused anyone.

Mine seems to bug out when if I launch Steam while iCue is running. If I close iCue and launch steam, I can relaunch iCue and the USB won't malfunction.

Just an update, Gave it a while, and even with lights in static mode, still getting disconnects, although less frequent. I have tested Closing ICue, not running steam, and even booted into safe mode, and after 3 hours in safe mode, I had roughly 10 disconnects (I wasnt at the computer for all of the time)

I have gone as far as completely wiping the drivers, and still nothing is helping.

Hopefully this info helps solve the issues

Glaive RGB

K95 Platinum

MM800C

CoPro

5 140LL Fans

HS70

H115i RGB Platinum

Vengeance Pro RGB

So yes, full Corsair system.

Have you tried running only the H115i and mouse/keyboard connected?

As soon as I unplugged my RM1000i from a USB header, and reset the computer... all the issues with the H100i had gone.

Altho now I can't see anything going on the with rm1000i....

Have you tried running only the H115i and mouse/keyboard connected?

As soon as I unplugged my RM1000i from a USB header, and reset the computer... all the issues with the H100i had gone.

Altho now I can't see anything going on the with rm1000i....

I know this isn't directed at me, but I also run the same PSU, and it's not connected to a header and I still have the issues.

just doing a bit more research, anyone who's having this problem also have other "corsair" perifs? I have the k70 lux and I find that when my h115i plat disconnects it renders the LED's on the keyboard dead...I have to either restart or unplug and plug back in the keyboard usb's but after that the h115i stops disconnecting periodically. just my two cents trying to help fix this issue. =( stinks because sadly I do like others love the RGB and only purchased this model for the RGB aspect...I hope we all get a fix soon

I had this problem and I think my friend found a solution.

kBVWZUu.png

I do not know what it will look like in the English version, but you have to turn it off. After the change, the disconnect problem disappeared.

Nope, this was one the very first things which I could answer is not the cause of this issue as I use the ultimate performance mode with such things of course turned off.