Corsair Community

Developers: The Corsair Link USB protocol!

CFSworks

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man. You asked for a designer. Unfortunately I don't program in C (++), but here's a layout I'm working on in Photoshop. It's a tedious job. Logo, icons for buttons etc are all custom made. Is this what you were asking for? If yes, then I'll continue otherwise... bad luck for me :P

2014-10-07_171038.thumb.png.2a9f4d07be8f08bfd4dad0cc4592fec6.png

Please don't get me wrong, but it looks like you don't see what there is. You only see colors, but not the layout.

What I'm going to say now it not to insult anyone, so please don't get me wrong. This is just a fact:

There are a couple of types of programmers.

1) Programmers who can code good, but lack imagination (codes great software, but no one will use it 'cause of the terrible GUI)

2) Programmers who can code good AND create user-friendly GUI (a rare breed)

3) Programmers who think they can code

I've been working with a lot of brilliant coders for almost a decade now, but when it come to user-friendly and clean layout they all shut down, because they have their own way of looking at it. The software works perfectly, but all their customers complain because they can't use it due to cluttering GUI.

Fortunately there are GUI-designers. But if the programmer sticks with his idea, instead of doing what he/she is best at and leave the rest to someone who know how to make it user-friendly, nothing will come from it.

Again: This is not to insult anyone, just facts ;) Do with it whatever you want with it.

EDIT: I was just wondering... Where do you see the web-interface?

Edited by jajinder

Ah, I thought you were looking for a GUI for a stand alone application.

If you want me to, I can try to create a layout in Photoshop, but it will look like the layout in the application GUI I created (except for the colors), since it's easy to view/understandable for the user.

Edited by jajinder

• 2 weeks later...
Just so you guys know, we see this and we think it's totally awesome.

What would be really awesome would be for Corsair to implement support for the Global\Access_CorsairLink mutex in CorsairLink.exe! We could then report the CL HW when CL is active.

It would make reporting the CL HW far easier if Corsair made the HW datsheets available. Maybe not public, but at least under NDA.

Edited by red-ray

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

New Corsair Link Mini purchaser here (wish me luck), also a python programmer who knows a little bit of Java, C# and a sprinkling of Linux knowlegde and HTML.

I'd like to offer any help I can as the Corsair Link hardware is really neat and I don't want it to die just because Corsair can't hire a proper software firm to make the damn software :P

I was planning to use the resources in the first post to hack up a simple hard-coded Python program to set my fan curves/etc and avoid the landmine that is Corsair Link 2.0, but it seems there are some promising projects in here that I really hope are successful but they need more traction to really pick up!

:^)

Edited by Lukeroge

Well, it's not easy but certainly possible. It looks like the main devs here are a bit idle right now, but if you can write code in any language that supports HID it should be possible to write to the registers on the H100i using the data in the first post and change the colors!

There isn't quite an easy GUI tool for linux yet.

So, I've been trying to follow the development going on here, but I'm a bit out of the loop. Literally all I want to do is change the color of the LED on my h100i. Is it even possible to do this? My OS is Arch Linux 64bit.

I found doing this for the H100i, H80i and CL Mini was easy enough, but your code needs to allow for both the write and read not working. Before I added a 250 ms timeout to both of these once in a while there would not be a reply and SIV would stall and it needed to be aborted :eek:

SIV uses the Global\Access_CorsairLink to interlock access to the CL hardware and I would advise that all programs should also use this.