Corsair Community

iCUE forgot my custom fan profiles on reboot

valymer

I built a new PC right before Christmas that contains an H150i Pro, a Commander Pro, some Corsair 140ML fans, and some LED strips.

The H150i Pro is connected directly to the motherboard header, while the fans and LED strips are connected to the Commander Pro.

I spent some time initially creating custom profiles for the fans so that they run at a low speed when the system isn't under a heavy load. Everything has been working fine for about a month until today, when I booted up the system from the off state.

A few minutes after Windows had fully loaded, I noticed that the fans were making way more noise than usual. I opened up iCUE from its minimized state on the taskbar and checked the settings there. All of my components were detected normally, including the AIO and the Commander Pro and its connected fans. However, my custom fan curves were no longer present, and the fans were set to the default Quiet setting which had them running near max speed, at about 1150 rpm.

I should note however that only the custom fan profile was missing. My custom lighting scheme, which included the same fans as well as the LED strips, was working perfectly.

Luckily, I had the foresight to export my iCUE profile to the cloud, so I used the import feature to bring it back into iCUE. Upon doing so, the fans immediately revved down in accordance with the current temperature of the sensor as dictated by my custom profile.

So all is well now...but I'm assuming this is a bug? Has anyone had this happen before?

• 2 months later...
I just had this happen to me... I lost all of my custom profiles for my fans. Now I only have the 3 stock options, which are all crap. Unfortunately, I wasn't smart enough to backup my profiles, so I'll be spending the next 6 hours reprogramming everything. This is so stupid! How does something like this even happen? It doesn't make any sense... One day they're there, and the next, POOF... Disappeared without a trace!

• Corsair Employee
This used to happen with profiles becoming corrupted after a PC restart. You know, another possibility is that nothing is actually being saved. Try setting iCUE to always open as an administrator by going to the .exe file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software. Right Click on it and select Properties. Then check off the Run as Administrator box under the Compatibility tab.

Archived