Corsair Community

Have ComPro and Lighting Hub, ML fans not working

DarkReign

Hello! I have searched high and low on this forum for help. Just built a new beast after hanging on to my old rig for a looooong time. Its awesome, water cooled in parallel, open design with the Core P5, its beefy and I like it.

Went with RGB because why the heck not! Went with Corsair's iCue system and was excited to get it all working.

Have the K95 keyboard, the Polaris mousepad, Vengeance RAM and three ML 140 fans. Bought the Commander Pro to make them all play nice.

Installed everything and quickly realized I needed a lighting hub in conjunction with the ComPro to control the LEDs on the fans. So, I bought this. It didnt come with the 3-pin male/male connector but the ComPro did (two actually), so I used one of those to hook it up to the ComPro.

All the RGB works (keyboard, mousepad, RAM) except my fans, which dont seem to work at all.

My setup is literally this with 3 ML fans instead of LL fans.

s6LvseMh.png

I can see my components in iCUE except the lighting hub and fans. ComPro is there, I plugged the male/male cord to plug into "LED 1" and plugged SATA power in. I used the dropdown in the "Lighting Setup" under "Lighting Channel 1" to select "ML RGB Series Fans" and added "3 Fans are connected". I then added a lighting channel effect. Nothing, not even a flicker from the LED lights on the fan(s). None of them.

I am stumped and starting to think something is defective.

Any troubleshooting tips? Something glaring Ive done wrong? Please help. System works fine, but you know how it is, I paid for it, I want it to work.

As said.. make sure you are using ports 1 to 3 on the run fan led hub... and if channel one on the copro is not playing ball.. try channel 2. If it works then maybe copro led Chan 1 is at fault. .. if its the same in channel 2 then start to look at the rgb fan led hub and fans.. move fan 2 to port 1.. fan 3 to port 2 and fan 1 to port 3.., any change?

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thank you for the tips!

Using the info provided, I searched it back to the fans (was blaming the HUB). Two of the fans were defective which is what kept messing me up (two out of three, seriously?).

Bought two new ML fans, returned the old two, and it works like its supposed to. Thanks again!

Archived