Corsair Community

LL120 Fans will not light up

Shiznit028

Hi guys,

I have a 570x case that i got in January and swapped out the front 3x SP120's for 3x LL120's. I installed the hub and lighting node pro that came with the 3-pack and everything worked great, fans would spin and lighting was controllable through the software.

Fast forward to today, i bought 3 more LL120's (3 pack) and went to hooked them up to the hub. The 3 new LL120's are in slots 4, 5, 6 on the hub and will not light up. However, the LL120's in slots 1, 2, 3 do light up. If i swap the new fans into ports 1, 2, 3, the new fans will light up. If i put the old fans in ports 4, 5, 6, they do not light up.

I thought that was an indication that the hub was faulty so i hooked up the one that came with the 3 pack that i got today. The same issue persists on either hub, old or new.

Here's where things get a little weird. Prior to installing the new fans, when i first go to boot my pc, the old fans would light up in a rainbow wave pattern until Corsair Link booted up to run the LED profiles i wanted. After installing the new fans to ports 4, 5, 6, that no longer happens.

It gets a little weirder. I thought the problem may have been software related so i uninstalled Corsair Link and installed the new Cue software that was recently released hoping that would fix the problem, unfortunately it did not. However, if i go to the top section of the program and select a color from the "Instant Lighting" drop down, all 6 fans will light up just fine.

What gives? Do i need to reset something?

Im having the same issue... had my 120lls for 2 months maybe and they worked alright they were kinda jumpy.. anyways. few weeks ago ports 4 through 6 died aswell. ports 1, 2, and 3 work fine, i've moved the wired from 4 and 5 to 1 and 2 and got those fans to relight but when i return them to ports 4 and 5 they do not light. so idk may try a new link or what have you... uploaded that stuff ^^^

link nod lighting.zip

• 1 month later...

Hey ... sorry, I didn't see your response.

From what you've described, it sounds like it's possible that your Fan Hub is flaking out. But before we do that, make sure that the lighting channel is configured with the correct fans and the correct number of them and then try creating another iCue profile and setting a different effect - this is to rule out a potential software issue, which I doubt.

Archived