Corsair Community

New GPU - PSU-fan does not spin (TX650)

Phillson

Hi!

I recently changed my GPU as I was experiencing some issues with a vertical split screen. I replaced my old GPU with the same model, i.e. radeon 6970 HD as you can read in my system specs. The original problem is now gone, but my PSU-fan does not spin. It is spinning for a few seconds as I turn on the computer, but after that it's seemingly dead. Now I wonder if it's even supposed to spin constantly? Is there a way to test if the PSU-fan is working through a software? I would appreciate any sort of help concerning this matter since I'm not really experienced when it comes to solving computer-problems.

I should mention that the FAN-tachometer graph in MSI AB is acting oddly... it's going up and down, but if I increase the fan speed to some 60 % the RPM is going down (?) and is constantly lowered from that percentage and upwards.

Thanks in advance!

• Corsair Employee

The TX fan isn't supposed to spin until it gets too hot.

http://media.webcollage.net/rwvfp/wc/cp/10397183/module/corsair/_cp/products/1362684592203/tab-81371870-12ce-4bfb-9dbb-100b97d6baf9/e97ca29a-c5fb-48f8-9a28-8aaede17c1d4.gif

I should mention that the FAN-tachometer graph in MSI AB is acting oddly... it's going up and down, but if I increase the fan speed to some 60 % the RPM is going down (?) and is constantly lowered from that percentage and upwards.

Thanks in advance!

Also, there is no sensor from your PSU connecting it to your motherboard. So, your MSI software will not be able to provide any PSU fan information.

The TX fan isn't supposed to spin until it gets too hot.

http://media.webcollage.net/rwvfp/wc/cp/10397183/module/corsair/_cp/products/1362684592203/tab-81371870-12ce-4bfb-9dbb-100b97d6baf9/e97ca29a-c5fb-48f8-9a28-8aaede17c1d4.gif

Okay, thanks! Is there a software I can use to perform a stress test in order to increase system load to the critical level? I want to check if the psu-fan starts spinning at the critical point (~37 %).

Archived