Corsair Community

Third bad Hx650

bootsy1

Hi all, had a Hx620 went bang and died after two years, got a Hx650 as a replacement it went bang after two weeks, got a third replacement Hx650 and this one has the chirping noise, cant put up with that. I also have another Hx650 that i use while waiting for the replacements but this one is fine. After seing the forum posts where people are getting replacements that have the chirping noise not sure what to do because allthough my supplier returns the units for me its still a eighty mile round trip returning the faulty one not to mention the time for replacing the unit in the case ect. As this is a premium psu i would have thought Corsair would have sorted this by now and when there is a problem not send another chirping replacement.My supplier when the first one went bang did offer for me to get another make as a replacement, i should of taken them up on it, not sure if the offer would still be open but if it is think i will take them up on it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont have a case number as the supplier sent it back for me in all three cases, each time though i have a 80 mile round trip to return the psu and the time to replace it in the case. I do have the return slips for each one from the supplier. I am very lucky that the supplier has been so good as i would not pay nearly half the cost of the psu to send it back to Corsair. What i would like to no is if there is a way i can return the psu through the supplier and insure i get back a good premium psu without any chirping or fan start, stop noise?

• Corsair Employee
Let us replace that PSU for you and make sure that your replacement will not have that issue. Submit an RMA request and post your case # here and I will notify customer service that they help you out with the shipping arrangements.

• 3 weeks later...
Cant live with this chirping noise its awful. This being the third psu can i get a replacement that will not have this problem and also corsair pay for postage both ways, i would also like to get the replacement before sending the other one back to reduce downtime is this possible?

Cant live with this chirping noise its awful. This being the third psu can i get a replacement that will not have this problem and also corsair pay for postage both ways, i would also like to get the replacement before sending the other one back to reduce downtime is this possible?

Bootsy, you would need to call CS to arrange an advanced replacement and to get a pre-paid shipping label. Sorry that is something that can not be arranged here on the forums.

But please fill out an RMA request found to the left of the forums and post your case number as RamGuy suggested in the previous post.

]Let us replace that PSU for you and make sure that your replacement will not have that issue. Submit an RMA request and post your case # here and I will notify customer service that they help you out with the shipping arrangements.

Not funny this, first Hx620 went bang after two years service (not heavy use) my supplier got a replacement but I had a 80 mile round trip to take the faulty one back plus the time to take it out of case ect, get the replacement it lasts two weeks then went bang another 80 mile trip and time taking it out of case. Was concerned about the chirping noise on the new model but got another replacement and guess what awful chirping noise. If I send this back yet again with my supplier I cant be sure if I wont get a replacement that still has the chirping noise, if I do a rma with Corsair I may have more luck getting a non chirper but I would have to ring America from the Uk and that will be expensive also if I had to pay postage to return the unit it would cost half the cost of the psu. I have a lot of Corsair goods but no more that’s me done, I am thinking I may chuck the Corsair psu and buy a different make really fed up with all this.

Hi all, Hx650 with chirp picked up tuesday, today friday recieved Hx750 replacement. Installed and so far so good no chirping. Thats what i call service, big thank you to Mr Ram Guy for sorting it and a big thank you to Corsair for doing it so fast, return, check it and then send me the replacement all in four days. That is what i call very good service and i shall continue to use Corsair. Once again a big THANK YOU TO ALL CONCERNED.

Hi all, the replacement is working fine but it was not in a sealed box, in the cardboard box there was just a white sticky label put over it, i did not check to see if the warranty sticker was in place on the psu itself, do Corsair send out second hand psu`s as replacements?

Hi, The outside box was the proper Hx 750 box but not sealed, inside there was a cardboard box (same as my last Corsair psu), the cardboard box had a small white label about inch by two inches stuck over the part of the cardboard box that opens. The leads that are not modular were tied with a old (used) cable tie instead of the large cable clamp all my other Corsair psu`s had. The bag inside that holds all the cables was dirty.

The outside box that is the proper Hx750 box, where you open it the corners are torn, the edges of the box are damaged but that could of been done during transit. The box has with out a doubt been opened, could they have tested it before shiping? When i get time i had better remove the psu again and check it has the warranty sticker intact.

I should add it came in a large plain box that was sealed (shiping box), then inside was plastic air bags, in that was the Hx750 box not sealed, then inside that a cardboard box that had the small white sticky label on one side.

Pretty sure this is a used psu, so Mr Ram Guy are Corsair sending out second hand/used units?

Corsair's warranty terms gives them the option of replacing a damaged part with a refurbished one....

"Corsair may, at its discretion, provide new or equivalent-to-new refurbished parts in good working condition, or repair or replace the hardware returned to Corsair"

You can read it Here.

Whether you received a new or refurbished replacement part, as long as it's working properly, they have met their obligation.

So i rma a brand new psu with chirping sound and get a non chirping second hand unit back, after 120 miles returning psu`s and the time removing them ect. I was not aware they could send you a second hand unit to replace a new unit, that sucks.....

I would open up an rma. I just finished talking with customer support about my hx650 and I guess there is an issue with the hx650. He was going to replace my hx650 with a hx750 but were out of stock. So he upgraded me to a hx850. I had to have them ship it to me before I could return mine because I do not have another one to put in its place because this is a new pc build. My old power supply does not have the connections to run my current computer. So I had to put the money on hold for the hx850 and they are shipping it out today or tomorrow. Then once they receive my hx650, I will get my money back. So if it were me, I would open an rma and then call customer service and give them your case number. Corsairs customer support is top notch and I will continue to purchase their products.

So i rma a brand new psu with chirping sound and get a non chirping second hand unit back, after 120 miles returning psu`s and the time removing them ect. I was not aware they could send you a second hand unit to replace a new unit, that sucks.....

Unless I misunderstood, your original HX620 was 2 yrs old when it died. I'd be willing to bet that if it was brand new, you would have gotten a brand new PSU as a replacement. Since you haven't got an answer as to whether the HX750 is refurbished or new, why don't you call or email Corsair. I would think someone would be able to tell you. If it is refurbished, perhaps you can convince them to trade it for a brand new one, not that the are obligated to do so as noted in the warranty.

I would open up an rma. I just finished talking with customer support about my hx650 and I guess there is an issue with the hx650. He was going to replace my hx650 with a hx750 but were out of stock. So he upgraded me to a hx850. I had to have them ship it to me before I could return mine because I do not have another one to put in its place because this is a new pc build. My old power supply does not have the connections to run my current computer. So I had to put the money on hold for the hx850 and they are shipping it out today or tomorrow. Then once they receive my hx650, I will get my money back. So if it were me, I would open an rma and then call customer service and give them your case number. Corsairs customer support is top notch and I will continue to purchase their products.

Are you suggesting that he RMA the HX750, that is apparently working properly, because it may be a refurbished unit. Not sure if you read the entire thread so, I'll summerize. His 2 yr old HX620 died and was replaced by a HX650 which died 2 weeks later. That was replaced by another HX650, which had the annoying chirping noise. He RMA'd that and got an HX750, which is working properly.

So, I'm curious, why do you think he should RMA the working HX750?

Archived