Commander Pro Cabling Query

DogSausage

Howdy folks,

Just purchased the following Corsair products:

Obsidian 500D RGB SE

H150i Pro RGB

LL140 RGB x2

LL120 RGB

In total I have 4 LL120s and 2 LL140s in addition to the 3 non-RGB fans that came with the AIO cooler.

The cabling is a bit daunting as I'm not totally sure how I should link everything up with the Commander Pro that comes with the case. Would appreciate some guidance so I can get it right the first time.

Please see the attached photos for a clearer understanding.

Kind regards,

DS

15373761106015879289157073921745.thumb.jpg.990b299c0a67ce37bc1248af00971e1c.jpg

15373761761428706572802122467014.thumb.jpg.55cc75b0036aaa806f520c07807fd36e.jpg

• Corsair Employee
Yes, I did thank you but still not 100% how I should do it.

Noticed the two cables coming from the LL fans? You'll want to be sure to hook up the RGB controller headers into the RGB Hub. You can hook the pwm connector into your Commander Pro or a port on your motherboard. Once you've wired all the LL fans into the RGB Hub. You'll want to be sure to hook the RGB hub into LED 1 of the Commander Pro, so you can adjust the LEDs within Link or iCue. As Devbiker mention, the RGB Faq thread has a lot of useful information and breakdown of how the fans should be set up. Hopefully this helps get you down the right path, let us know how it goes. :biggrin:

Well, the RGB FAQ does cover most things. It also include pictures of all the parts and pieces with the correct names and terminology - so you can use that as a guide when asking questions. Nothing is more frustrating (for everyone) than someone calling, say, the RGB Fan Hub a Lighting Node Pro ... or a vice-versa.

If you can be a bit more specific about what you are confused about and where you need guidance, we're happy to help around these here parts. I'd also suggest that you fill out your system details - it's super helpful.

Noticed the two cables coming from the LL fans? You'll want to be sure to hook up the RGB controller headers into the RGB Hub. You can hook the pwm connector into your Commander Pro or a port on your motherboard. Once you've wired all the LL fans into the RGB Hub. You'll want to be sure to hook the RGB hub into LED 1 of the Commander Pro, so you can adjust the LEDs within Link or iCue. As Devbiker mention, the RGB Faq thread has a lot of useful information and breakdown of how the fans should be set up. Hopefully this helps get you down the right path, let us know how it goes. :biggrin:

Thanks a lot Corsair Jam. Was very tired last night and found it harder dealing with the tangle of cables than it should have been. Does it matter if the USB connector from the pump goes into the Commander Pro or the motherboard? Guessing not. Think I've got the rest if it sorted. Cheers.

Well, the RGB FAQ does cover most things. It also include pictures of all the parts and pieces with the correct names and terminology - so you can use that as a guide when asking questions. Nothing is more frustrating (for everyone) than someone calling, say, the RGB Fan Hub a Lighting Node Pro ... or a vice-versa.

If you can be a bit more specific about what you are confused about and where you need guidance, we're happy to help around these here parts. I'd also suggest that you fill out your system details - it's super helpful.

Sorry, I thought the information provided in my initial post covered it but I'll go ahead and update my specs in due course.

Sorry, I thought the information provided in my initial post covered it but I'll go ahead and update my specs in due course.

So ... two things.

The information in your first post was just a couple of Corsair items. Put in ALL of your system details. It's super helpful.

Second ... putting it in your profile (clicking "Edit System Specs") keeps those specs up front and handy, rather than expecting folks that are taking their own time to try to help you to scroll back and forth and dig around to find the relevant system specs only to find that you don't have ALL of the relevant system specs specified. Ya dig?

Thanks a lot Corsair Jam. Was very tired last night and found it harder dealing with the tangle of cables than it should have been. Does it matter if the USB connector from the pump goes into the Commander Pro or the motherboard? Guessing not. Think I've got the rest if it sorted. Cheers.

No, it does not. However, we've had some subset of users with AMD motherboards that have had issues with the USB ports on the Commander Pro. It's far less frequent these days but still occasionally pops up.

I don't know if this is applicable to you because you haven't filled out your system specs ... and the information that you provided in your first post didn't include all of the relevant details. ;):

So ... two things.

The information in your first post was just a couple of Corsair items. Put in ALL of your system details. It's super helpful.

Second ... putting it in your profile (clicking "Edit System Specs") keeps those specs up front and handy, rather than expecting folks that are taking their own time to try to help you to scroll back and forth and dig around to find the relevant system specs only to find that you don't have ALL of the relevant system specs specified. Ya dig?

Sorry about that DevBiker, honestly thought the specs info in the OP was enough but I see your viewpoint.

It's wonderful what a good night's sleep can do. What seemed like a serious obstacle was easily overcome when wide awake. It was more the mess of cables than technicalities of cable A to port A etc. Worried about getting it wrong and needing to start over. As it happened in the end, starting over was exactly what was required to stop it being such a jumble in the first place. ;):

Going to update my profile now as requested. I really do appreciate the help given, sorry if it came across otherwise.

No, it does not. However, we've had some subset of users with AMD motherboards that have had issues with the USB ports on the Commander Pro. It's far less frequent these days but still occasionally pops up.

I don't know if this is applicable to you because you haven't filled out your system specs ... and the information that you provided in your first post didn't include all of the relevant details. ;):

Interesting to know so good that I asked. :)

Updated my profile with the system specs.

Giving feedback on the products themselves to other forum readers and I can heartily recommend them all. The cooling is fantastic and the way the RGBs sync up is very cool. The entire system is incredibly quiet, even with 2 x 1080 Ti in SLi. Tempted to upgrade my memory to Corsair Vengeance RGB but it all looks great already.

Updated my profile with the system specs.

Giving feedback on the products themselves to other forum readers and I can heartily recommend them all. The cooling is fantastic and the way the RGBs sync up is very cool. The entire system is incredibly quiet, even with 2 x 1080 Ti in SLi. Tempted to upgrade my memory to Corsair Vengeance RGB but it all looks great already.

Glad everything is up and running well! Keep an eye on your internal case temps - those GPUs can put off some heat.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Archived