Corsair Community

Windows 98SE/ME F.A.Q.

RAM GUY

• Corsair Employee

Question?

Why does my USB Flash Voyager not show up on the task bar like it shows in the user manual?

Answer:

Windows 98SE does not use the same desktop interface as Win2k or WinXP and the way to remove the drive is to open My Computer and then right click on the Icon for the Flash drive and select Eject.

Question?

My Corsair Flash Voyager is not detected properly with Windows 95 or 98, but if I use WinXP there is no problem.

Answer:

USB was not supported by Windows until the release of Win95B version and then the driver support was limited at best. And the USB 2.0 device used with our flash drive will need to have Windows 98 Second Edition or newer for proper operation. You can get the Win98SE Driver from the Software Download page on our forum, If you have a newer Flash Voyager you can use the newer driver from this link! However, these drivers will only work with older The Flash Voyager and not the Flash Voyager GT models.

Question?

O.K. I have Windows 98SE and I have the correct driver installed, but I am still only able to see the drive randomly. However it does work in my system with WinXP installed.

Answer:

Some MB's may need to have newer drivers installed for proper operation with Windows 98 SE. You can visit USB Man's web site for help with updating your O.S. and drivers. Also please check with the maker of your system and or Mother board and make sure there are newer drivers for your MB's chipset and or USB controller.

Question?

I have one of the new Corsair USB Flash drives CMFUSBSF2.0-512 or CMFUSB2.0-XXGBGT and It will not install in Windows 9X. How can I fix this?

Answer:

I am sorry but Win9x Driver support was dropped some time ago for these Drives and the GT Version of our Flash Voyager did not offer Win9x driver support. Only Windows 2000 or WinXP or newer!

However, you can try and install the driver from this link! and or the NUSB33e download and the Windows 98SE Unofficial Service Pack for Win98SE which includes 70+ hot fix's and updates from http://www.usbman.com

• 3 years later...

Hello:

If you are looking for true universal USB drivers for Windows 98SE that really work, look no further. I have tried these drivers on many workstations running Win98SE and they work perfectly every time. Plus, they will work with virtually every USB mass storage device you throw at it.

Simply point Windows to the folder in which you extracted the attached zip file when it asks for their location (right after you plug in your USB device).

This has worked for me every time, hope it helps!

Mr USB

Win98_Driver.zip

• 1 year later...

Archived