The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cases

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-18-2018, 12:53 PM
EV0L0NE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 976947
EV0L0NE Reputation: 10

I am also having the same issue with the front panel, If I apply any kind of pressure around the area, it will restart..

When it does restart it doesn't load properly, and I think it's a ground issue with the front panel.

Old 10-28-2018, 08:05 AM

POST ID # = 978135
4D1L Reputation: 10

I have the same problem. No response to ticket 798721.

Old 11-30-2018, 07:44 PM

POST ID # = 982928
rbs Reputation: 10

If you simply disconnect the reset button by unplugging it from the motherboard, does the issue go away? Can USB drives be plugged in and unplugged without issue? How about putting pressure around the IO? Any effect?

Old 12-02-2018, 06:28 AM
SmeTskE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983093
SmeTskE Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
If you simply disconnect the reset button by unplugging it from the motherboard, does the issue go away? Can USB drives be plugged in and unplugged without issue? How about putting pressure around the IO? Any effect?
For me it helped to unplug the reset connector from the motherboard. The computer no long reboots when unplugging USB connectors from the front panel.

Still might want to check in with Corsair if it's possible to get a replacement front panel.

Old 12-02-2018, 03:06 PM

POST ID # = 983200

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmeTskE View Post
For me it helped to unplug the reset connector from the motherboard. The computer no long reboots when unplugging USB connectors from the front panel.

Still might want to check in with Corsair if it's possible to get a replacement front panel.
When you say it helped, do you mean all the reboot issues by pressing around the IO panel also do not cause reboots, etc. So problem totally solved, less the use of a reset button?

Old 12-02-2018, 03:06 PM

POST ID # = 983201

So, I spoke with tech support at Corsair and was informed that the engineers are looking into this, but for now, all they can do is send a few IO panel or plastic panel around it that houses it.

There are 3 screws that hold the trim panel (red or white) that is around the dust filter and houses the IO panel. They are easily removable even with a built system. two on the MB side and one on the back. You just need a long handle screwdriver to stay as straight as possible.

Remove them and the panel will slide up and out. Then the reset switch works perfectly. If you don't put in all three screws back in, the reset switch works. I wonder of a "sliver" of a washer under the screws will have enough difference to resolve the issue. Or if leaving the top two screws of will resolve the issue. The bottom screw should be able to keep it from sliding up, which is what really holds it in place, little "hooks" that are molded in the front panel trim.

I returned my case, but have repurchased it after further thought and I will try these options myself, but if anyone gets to it before I do, let us know.

Old 12-02-2018, 03:47 PM
SmeTskE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983209
SmeTskE Reputation: 10

Problem totally solved, but no reset button indeed.

Pressing around the IO panel does not cause a reboot with the connector unplugged from the motherboard. I haven't really dug into it, but by trial and error I can guess that the pressure on the IO panel (by removing USB cables, or pressing around it) causes the reset button to close the circuit with the reset pins on the motherboard, causing a reboot.

I have contacted Corsair as well, hoping they can send me a replacement IO panel. I don't really feel like disassembling my whole system for a reset switch... :/
Thanks for the description on how to replace it. If they happen to send a replacement, I can try to replace it myself.

Old 12-02-2018, 05:51 PM

POST ID # = 983229

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmeTskE View Post
Problem totally solved, but no reset button indeed.

Pressing around the IO panel does not cause a reboot with the connector unplugged from the motherboard. I haven't really dug into it, but by trial and error I can guess that the pressure on the IO panel (by removing USB cables, or pressing around it) causes the reset button to close the circuit with the reset pins on the motherboard, causing a reboot.

I have contacted Corsair as well, hoping they can send me a replacement IO panel. I don't really feel like disassembling my whole system for a reset switch... :/
Thanks for the description on how to replace it. If they happen to send a replacement, I can try to replace it myself.
Thanks for confirming. I don't think you need to disassemble your PC to replace the IO panel. I'll looking more into it when the new case arrives.

Also, holding the power button for 5 seconds shuts down the computer and you can always unplug it also, so I have never used any reset switch. So I guess to me, I won't miss it. I like the case design (I've built one before in this case), so even though this issue should be fixed and should not have happened, to me it's something I am willing to live with, since no case is ever perfect. Some have design issues, some have quality issues (thin paint, crappy sheet metal), some have heat issues, etc.

Last edited by rbs; 12-02-2018 at 05:56 PM.

Old 12-04-2018, 09:09 AM

POST ID # = 983520
Ming005150 Reputation: 10

All you need is replace a new plastic trim, you will find the different, mine old one have been totally deformed around the reset switch within a month... it drop a little bit and keep pressing the reset switch

Old 12-04-2018, 02:43 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 983586
Corsair CJ Reputation: 42

Thanks for the feedback everyone. If you've come across this issue with your chassis, please unplug the effected switch from your motherboard for the time being. If you haven't contacted our customer support team, please do so and/or follow up on your ticket.

Old 12-07-2018, 08:13 PM

POST ID # = 984274

I got a new SPEC 06 case and this one came with a working reset button. Not's sure what changed or of it is just manufacturing variance. But by the response above, it sounds like they are aware and working on it.

Old 12-07-2018, 10:50 PM

POST ID # = 984285

I just found a new issue. After installing all the latest drivers for my motherboard (MSI MEG Z390 ACE), of the front USB's on the SPEC06 case, the left one, while facing the case, next to the power button only reads USB 2.0 flash drives. The one next to it reads USB 3.0 and 2.0 drives. All on board (rear) USB ports read both drives.

I don't recall testing it before I installed the MSI drivers.

Anyway, does anyone else have this? Is this just the way it is, or is there a driver / hardware problem?

EDIT: removed the MSI USB 3.1/3.0 Drivers and it began working again with the Microsoft generic drivers..... weird....

Last edited by rbs; 12-08-2018 at 08:18 AM.

Old 12-25-2018, 01:51 PM
Kiom17's PC Specs

POST ID # = 986902
Kiom17 Reputation: 10
Default Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming005150 View Post
Thank you very much, I follow you introduction, but replace the metal bracket with a piece of plastic plate and place between the steel case and the plastic front io, then the io box will be push up a little bit like want you did, then it work like a charm

So I think the plastic io cover is deformed.....
Hi, I got the same problem here when the front io is plugged I got unexpected reset or even start/shutdown of the system. Let the front i/o open solve the problem but obviously I don't want to keep it that way...

Could you please send a picture of what you have done with the plastic piece? I would like to try the same but I'm not sure to figure out properly how you set up it.

That's really infortunate to get such problem especially considering that there is few chance to send back the product after finishing a build. I don't keep my invoice and I don't see myself opening the black piece to replace it with all the cables involved...

Thanks for your help & support! ++