Corsair Community

Hello Corsair- users,

so I recently bought the Corsair Dark Core RGB, been using it for about 1 - 2 weeks now. When I came home from work the other day I saw the painting of the "Sniper- button" is peeling off already....a couple days later the right mousebutton didn't feel as stiff as at the beginning. The pricetag of 99,99€ didn't stop me from buying it because I like to spend more money if it justifies the quality. Was wondering if anybody experiences lack of quality at Corsair ?

It's the 4th product I'm buying from Corsair. On the Keyboard( K95 RGB Platinum Red Cherry Buttons) I bought, the holder of the handrest broke off and I got a 15% Coupon for a new Keyboard ? I mean I didn't intend to buy a new one...actually just wanted the old one replaced or repaired.

Feeling kind of ripped off if I buy "expensive" gaming peripherals and the quality is that bad.

regards

vozz

• 9 months later...

I've had mine for around 6 months, give or take a few, and I just noticed the same issue on the sniper button.

This is just another issue to add to already existing list of issues:

1. Wireless charging overheats the mouse and renders it unusable for around 5-10 minutes.

2. The finger "gunk" (sweat and dead skin) gets in between the buttons on the left side.

3. When using in wireless mode the mouse jumps/skips every once in a while. When I am playing FPS games I constantly find my crosshair just jumping on the floor randomly.

4. The iCUE software never shows correct battery percentage. Always tells me I am on low battery even when I have been using it in wired mode for most of the day.

Edit: Added another issue I forgot about.

Edited by iHertU

I've had mine for around 6 months, give or take a few, and I just noticed the same issue on the sniper button.

This is just another issue to add to already existing list of issues:

1. Wireless charging overheats the mouse and renders it unusable for around 5-10 minutes.

2. The finger "gunk" (sweat and dead skin) gets in between the buttons on the left side.

3. When using in wireless mode the mouse jumps/skips every once in a while. When I am playing FPS games I constantly find my crosshair just jumping on the floor randomly.

4. The iCUE software never shows correct battery percentage. Always tells me I am on low battery even when I have been using it in wired mode for most of the day.

Edit: Added another issue I forgot about.

I have my Dark Core RGB SE for a year now and I don't have any of the problems you mention.

1. I usually charge my mouse with my MM1000. The mouse gets a little hot, but doesn't overheat and it doesn't become unusable. I can use it at the same moment I take it.

2. It gets a little dirty on the bottom, but as it happens with any other mouse. The top part, where you put your hand, is pretty clean and I can clean it easily.

3. By "wireless" you mean 2.4GHz, don't you? I use it like that always and never had any lag or jumping. I have it configured as 1ms response and although it drains battery, it works like a charm.

4. The battery is properly shown, the only complain I have about this is that we don't know the exact percentage of battery left, just a low - high level.

The paint is still perfect. The only two complaints I have with this mouse are that you cannot see the porcentage of battery and that the battery drains if you use it with 1ms response. But, at least for me, both are not a deal breaker. I'm pretty happy with my mouse.

• 1 month later...
It seems to be a bit hit and miss whether you get a good one or not, I loved mine (both of them) but they both randomly moved the pointer to the top left and randomly disconnected. I charged them with a QI phone charger, which worked well, but the battery life was a letdown. If I could be sure of getting a good one (and if the battery life improved), I'd buy another today.

pointer randomly moving to corner is a sign that the wireless is momentarily losing connection, suggesting a lot of radio traffic on the 2.4Ghz band. Routers and Bluetooth devices occupy this band. (One chap here was getting interference from the BT enabled on his TV) You'll have to experiment with router bands and disabling BT on devices that you aren't using to connect to.