Corsair Community

Can I connect ML and LL fans on same commander pro and make it work?

xX_KIIPELI_Xx

Hey!

I have something to ask. The question is can I connect fans from ML and LL series to the same commander pro and make it work. I have this question because I am going to buy Corsair H100i RGB Platinum All-in-one water cooler for my processor. And it comes with two ML120 RGB fans and I am going to buy more fans to my case and I have two options, ML120 and LL120. But I'm not sure can I connect 3 fans from ML series and 3 fans from LL series to the same commander pro. So I ask it from you. Will it work if I put 3 fans from both series.

From, xX_KIIPELI_Xx

It can be done. but it's not endorsed by corsair. its a user mod and as such.. at your own risk.. you can run 2 RGB Fan LED Hub's off of one LED channel.... you would need to make/Buy a splitter cable.. more info on that in the above linked thread.... towards the bottom

I Prefer the LL fans because of their lighting... obviously the ML fans will offer higher performance at quieter sound levels.. but for me.. i'm not a record breaking overclocker. I am not pushing my machine to ridiculous temps so the performance difference between those fans means little to me if that make sense.... in 'my' real world uses.. the LL's are a great fan both on rads and/or case mounted

What to do? I will get 2 ML fans with my radiator so what I do? If I just buy LL fans to My radiator it will be very expensive and if I just mix LL and ML fans together it makes my life harder with lightning and cable management and I have to buy splitter. What to do? How I can make my leds work together or can Corsair Link connect to 3 ML and 3 LL fans and one LED strip and Will it work without problems? That is lasten thing what I Ask! Thanks!

Archived