Corsair Community

H80i in Carbide 100R case issues

rb123

I'm installing the H80i in the Carbide 100R and the side panel will not close because the H80i fan/radiator mounting screws are interfering with the side panel.

http://i.imgur.com/xnDWw8y.jpg

Also, on a side note: Where can I purchase the long fan screws that will fit the front panel? Corsair seems to have only included 4 when you need 8 to mount an additional fan.

Thank you!

EDIT: Actually, I may have fixed the the issue by moving the washers to the fan on the inside of the case.

My other question stil stands though: where to get additional screws for the 100R case??

Edited by rb123

Any hardware store should have the 6-32 machine screw size used for that radiator. You likely want 30mm length, but possibly more if the case material is thick.

Well I noticed that the radiator fan screws are different than the case fan screws. Now I'm looking for case fan screws (Corsair Carbide 100R).

Case fan screws are universally the short #8. Any other fan box you have around should have 4 of them. You mentioned “long screws” and those 28-30mm long ones for the radiator are 6-32. The long screws are meant to be used on both sides. One just bolts the fan down to the radiator. The other goes through the case holes, fan holes, and the radiator. That one holds up the entire package. Since all of those go into the radiator, they all need to be 6-32.

Case fan screws are universally the short #8. Any other fan box you have around should have 4 of them. You mentioned “long screws” and those 28-30mm long ones for the radiator are 6-32. The long screws are meant to be used on both sides. One just bolts the fan down to the radiator. The other goes through the case holes, fan holes, and the radiator. That one holds up the entire package. Since all of those go into the radiator, they all need to be 6-32.

Radiator is mounted perfectly now, with the 8 screws that came with the H80i.

They were not fully threaded (just the ends were).

The long screw that came with my Carbide 100R case were completely threaded. If I need more of these, you're saying that I should look for 30mm 6-32 screws?

Sorry if I'm repeating myself. Been working on this for quite a while and now I'm having issues with fan RPM and controlling it :o:

No, I think I am catching on now. The 100R has some unique case screws. It's going to be #6 (like the rad) or #8 (like standard case fan screws but long). However, at this point I am plenty curious.

NVM - Pulled the manual pdf. This is f "long fan screw"? They look like #8-32 screws at maybe 10mm? You should be able to get more at a local hardware shop. 8-32 machine screws to match the length. They probably will not be black.

Edited by c-attack

No, I think I am catching on now. The 100R has some unique case screws. It's going to be #6 (like the rad) or #8 (like standard case fan screws but long). However, at this point I am plenty curious.

NVM - Pulled the manual pdf. This is f "long fan screw"? They look like #8-32 screws at maybe 10mm? You should be able to get more at a local hardware shop. 8-32 machine screws to match the length. They probably will not be black.

https://i.imgur.com/05eMyXW.jpg

~3.1mm diameter (I have no way of measuring thread size, nor do I know how) :laughing:

"F" is definitely not to scale in the manual

Edited by rb123

LOL. Yeah, not to scale! It looks like a 1 inch 8-32 screw to me. Best thing to do is take it with you to the store to match. Presumably it won't matter if you get 28 or 30mm, but I can't see what this is going into. At any rate, this should not be hard to find. You might be able to contact Corsair and see if there is some accessory package, but I don't see in the parts list on their page and either way it may take some time to get answer.

LOL. Yeah, not to scale! It looks like a 1 inch 8-32 screw to me. Best thing to do is take it with you to the store to match. Presumably it won't matter if you get 28 or 30mm, but I can't see what this is going into. At any rate, this should not be hard to find. You might be able to contact Corsair and see if there is some accessory package, but I don't see in the parts list on their page and either way it may take some time to get answer.

Thanks for the help.

Yeah I've had a support ticket open for almost a week and did not even received a conformation that they received it.

Now onto my fan problems and why they are locked at 60% in the BIOS :confused:

Corsair Support did a major overhaul. Things are not back on track yet.

Which fans are stuck at 60%? That is the typical minimum for a DC motor fan (5-12v). PWM models have lower minimums that vary by individual fan and specific motor.

Corsair Support did a major overhaul. Things are not back on track yet.

Which fans are stuck at 60%? That is the typical minimum for a DC motor fan (5-12v). PWM models have lower minimums that vary by individual fan and specific motor.

They are Arctic P12 PWM PST fans which are 4-pin 200-1800 RPM. Plugged into the cha_fan2 header and can't seem to get under 60% (if I set lower than that I'm told "Invalid range"). Quiet mode and 60% are both about 1400 RPM. Also tried other cha_fan headers and they are locked to 60% as well.

Also having issues controlling the H80i fan speed but that's something for another time :D:

Check to see if the Asus BIOS has a PWM/DC switch for CHA_2. I am trying to remember the boards from that series, but it might be that was all the control you had back then. The only way to get around it was to run AI Suite (fan Xpert) to override the BIOS. These days, that will cause problems with everything else you are running. Also check for a "Q-Fan tuning" or something similar. That may be buried in the Advanced BIOS -> Monitoring Tab way down at the bottom. I don't know for sure it should be there. That might not have come in until Z170/X99 Gen-2.

1400 is nowhere near 60%, so it is also possible that specific fan controller does not get on well with that specific fan.

Check to see if the Asus BIOS has a PWM/DC switch for CHA_2. I am trying to remember the boards from that series, but it might be that was all the control you had back then. The only way to get around it was to run AI Suite (fan Xpert) to override the BIOS. These days, that will cause problems with everything else you are running. Also check for a "Q-Fan tuning" or something similar. That may be buried in the Advanced BIOS -> Monitoring Tab way down at the bottom. I don't know for sure it should be there. That might not have come in until Z170/X99 Gen-2.

1400 is nowhere near 60%, so it is also possible that specific fan controller does not get on well with that specific fan.

The only section I found that manages Fan Speed is the "Monitor" tab on the main screen.

Options include:

> Voltage Monitor

> Temperature Monitor

> Fan Speed Monitor

> Fan Speed Control

At idle temp I'm actually running around 1300-1375 RPM.

Inside of "Fan Speed Control" I have settings available for "CPU Q-Fan Control" and "Chassis Fan Q-Fan Control" for #1-3.

Each of these four fans have:

1. Q-Fan control to Enable/Disable

2. Fan Speed Low Limit warning

3. Fan Profile (Standard, Silent, Turbo, Manual).

Selecting Manual reveals the settings that I've been trying to tweak:

1. Fan Upper Temperature

2. Max. Duty Cycle (%)

3. Lower Temperature

4. Min. Duty Cycle (%)

I can't go any lower than 60% on any of the Mins. Seems like it is a (stupid) limitation in the BIOS. I did try Fan Xpert and was able to set fans to 30% but I don't like the idea of adding more startup software that may cause issues :[pouts:

Also it seems that Fan Xpert cannot change my H80i fan speed.