Corsair Community

Corsair LL Series Fans Not Working

god_bmxes

Good day everyone, I have just started having some issues with my Corsair LL series fans today. A while earlier I saw an LED flicker and was not sure if it was my coimputer or my RGB in my office. I turned off the office lighting and not too ling after the LEDs went off in my computer. One of my 4 strips on my LNP LED Strip kit went off but came back later. However 2 of my fans were not lighting up at all. Tried changeding the configureation in Link and nothing, tried reseating connections and not too long after all the RGBs went off except a single LED in the center ring of one of the fans. Below are the things I have tried already and I do not have Aura installed on my computer currently

Reseated the cables in the fan hub from the kit

Reseated the USB2.0 connectors

Reseated cables on Lighting Node Pro

Rebooted

I did a little more TSing and uninstalled Link, when I reinstalled and selected to launch link it did not launch, nothing in task manager and I tried launcheing again. Currently working form home so I will have to wait until my lunch but after I will reboot the compouter and see what happens. Side not nothing else is acting funny with the machine. It is only Link and the LEDs

I am having the same issues. This first popped up last night after the system was off for about 12 hours. All Fans and LED strips were working when the system was shut down. When started back up, the 5th fan in the sequence only had 1 inner LED working and the 6th fan was off. I did the same trouble shooting as the OP. I swapped fan 6 to fan 5's slot on the connector and the fans began working again with the exception of original fan 5. Now all LED's were working except the one that was on previously. I did have a firmware update for the Link controller a few days ago. Could this be the issue? I REALLY do not want to pull this thing apart and swap out a fan. It is mounted to a radiator on a custom loop. I'm looking at 5+ hours of work if corsair sent out a faulty fan that cost me $120 for a three pack. I am hoping this is just Corsair's usual shoddy programming at fault here... I don't know why I stay loyal to this company.

EDIT: Will post system specs when I get home.

I am having the same issues. This first popped up last night after the system was off for about 12 hours. All Fans and LED strips were working when the system was shut down. When started back up, the 5th fan in the sequence only had 1 inner LED working and the 6th fan was off. I did the same trouble shooting as the OP. I swapped fan 6 to fan 5's slot on the connector and the fans began working again with the exception of original fan 5. Now all LED's were working except the one that was on previously. I did have a firmware update for the Link controller a few days ago. Could this be the issue? I REALLY do not want to pull this thing apart and swap out a fan. It is mounted to a radiator on a custom loop. I'm looking at 5+ hours of work if corsair sent out a faulty fan that cost me $120 for a three pack. I am hoping this is just Corsair's usual shoddy programming at fault here... I don't know why I stay loyal to this company.

EDIT: Will post system specs when I get home.

It's unlikely that it's programming. What you describe are the classic symptoms of a fan's RGB failing unfortunately.

It's unlikely that it's programming. What you describe are the classic symptoms of a fan's RGB failing unfortunately.

That's even worse... :mad: This is definitely not the quality one would expect from a $40 fan... Hopefully Corsair's customer service is worth something... This was purchased in a pack of 3. There is not way I'm taking 3 fans out and trying to return them to the retailer. That's going to turn a 4-5 hour job into a 6 hour job. My time is money. Great quality control there Corsair!

Okay, venting done... Time to contact support lol

Just got back on my computer, did a power drain when I got off work at 730 this morning. Did a power drain when I turned it off and left it umplugged until I got back on it. I also uninstalled Corsair Link before shuting down. I am reinstalling link and I will go with the second to newest version. Thinking the fan hub is dead as it is just the RGB that is not working and the led strips on the other channel are working fine

Okay so I got an older version of Link downloaded. It does not even have the LL fans on there. My LED strips are up anmd running fine. I went to add the second channel with the HD series fans as the LL was not on there and just one of the LEDs on my fans are running. I am gonna update the link to a newer version and see if anything changes but I think it is down to either the controller or the fans being dead

Okay so I think it is a combo of the fan hub and the fans dieing. My two 140mm fans have no major issues and all the LEDs are working, just inconsistensies from the fan controller. My bottom GPU radiatoe has just one light that will come on and the rear 120mm has a flashing led on it that could either be an issue from the controller or it could be from the LED going out

Archived