Corsair Community

460X Unofficial compatibility w/ h115i?

spyc

I have purchased the h115i about two months ago (havent installed it yet) and Ive purchased the 460x(havent touched it yet) and ive heard there's no 280mm rad support up top , (I know there is front , I dont want front , I want to keep the rgb fans front) I have corsair Vengence low profile ram , and I know you can fit dual 140mm up top (no rad) , why isnt it possible to install with rad>?? what clearence issues does it introduce?? could modding the fans to be on the outside help?

Thanks

Yuval

ps

Im not going to return any of the products.

@Toasted In the thread you linked to me they do not talk about LPX ram and modding , also the h115i with fans is 51mm(26mm rad + 25mm fans) while the h100iv2 with fans is 55mm (30mm rad + 25mm fans),

And I have LPX corsair memory they talked about vengence LED (which is way taller) and also the dominator platinum which is super high like almost x1.9 , (wild exagdiration).

The referenced thread spans several months from the pre-release speculation period up through when some users finally got their hands on one. If you continue all the way through, you will see someone at the end was able to successfully install a H100iv2 with the low profile 38mm high Vengeance LPX, as pictured in many the product photos. A pair of TridentZ did not fit at 44mm and best estimate is the maximum module height for a H100iv2 is around 40-42mm. You really don't want a moving part within 1mm of your memory. This also rules out Vengeance LED RAM completely with any double radiator up top.

As for the 280mm H115i in top, you have no chance. It's not the fans you would need to modify, but rather cut off the top of your motherboard. The width of the unit becomes the limiting factor before the depth. I also suspect you would lose the rear fan as well with the longer length. Any type of 140 to 120 fan funnel adapter is out because of the the increase in thickness to the unit. Spyc, since you have the materials, you certainly are in the best position to a mock up with out actually installing the products.

The 460X is a "Compact Mid-Tower case". There are always going to be compromises on this type of thing. With your specific parts in hand, I don't have a viable solution. The only thing that comes to mind in mounting the H115i in front behind the three LED fans and with a properly matched set of 140x2 on the back side to do the real air movement. Whether the front fans will partially aid or serve as a restriction, I don't know. You would also have to come up with a way to secure it to the chassis, since the holes will not line up with the 3x120 case mounted fans.

For Z.S, you might look at the larger 570X, but that again is listed as a no go on the product page for the H115i in the top. You would at least have more space to work with. I still don't think you can mod it for 280 top, but you would be able to freely choose RAM modules with a 240 up top.

Archived