Corsair Community

Assigning Wave to Single Key Action But Have Whole Keyboard Wave

kappster

Hi,

Have been playing around with the programming on my new K95 RGB all day.

I can set up waves and ripples but only if all keys on the keyboard are assigned to the lighting setting.

1) What I'm trying to do is have the wave function assigned to just one key but when that key is pressed the wave lights across the whole keyboard.

All that seems to be happening is I assign the key to the group and set up the wave but all happens is that one key flashes.

Is there a way of doing what I'm trying to do? (I guess the same applies to ripples, also.)

2) Also, can you set up reverse ripples? ie when the target key is pressed the ripple instead of going from the key outward, it comes from the sides of the keyboards in.

3) And finally, once actions and lighting setting are in their respective libraries, how can you source them to be assigned to a new profile, without assigning to all profiles?

Actually, it didn't work as I'd hoped. I assigned the keys the relevant action but they then overrode the actual ingame function of the keys... :(

So I guess I still need assistance with assigning a single key when used triggers a wave / ripple across the whole keyboard. Restrictions: no other keys to trigger the wave / ripple; the Corsair key action isn't to override the ingame functionality of the key.

Is this possible and if so, how?

Bump - still need assistance on this. Any help appreciated.

"...need assistance with assigning a single key when used triggers a wave / ripple across the whole keyboard. Restrictions: no other keys to trigger the wave / ripple; the Corsair key action isn't to override the ingame functionality of the key."

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kappster,

I'm actually trying to do the exact same thing as you. I think I've worked it out to a degree, but I cant seem to keep the ripple effect isolated to just the surrounding keys.

Basically what you do is first create a group within your chosen profile and call it something like "Ripple F" for example. Then assign your new lighting settings for the surrounding keys like normal.

Then to make this effect singled down to just one key. Go to the assignment tab and select your chosen key. Right clcick and select "assign new action" then at the bottom of the menu you should see a "lighting when start" section. There you can select the "Ripple F" group you just created and it will only work on that key.

As i said before though, I can't seem to keep the ripple effect confined to just a few keys, so it goes accross the whole keyboard.

Will keep trying and let you know if i crack it.

Hi Kappster,

I'm actually trying to do the exact same thing as you. I think I've worked it out to a degree, but I cant seem to keep the ripple effect isolated to just the surrounding keys.

Basically what you do is first create a group within your chosen profile and call it something like "Ripple F" for example. Then assign your new lighting settings for the surrounding keys like normal.

Then to make this effect singled down to just one key. Go to the assignment tab and select your chosen key. Right clcick and select "assign new action" then at the bottom of the menu you should see a "lighting when start" section. There you can select the "Ripple F" group you just created and it will only work on that key.

As i said before though, I can't seem to keep the ripple effect confined to just a few keys, so it goes accross the whole keyboard.

Thanks heaps mate. Am away on holidays at the moment but will try as soon as I get home. Really appreciate it.

Thanks heaps mate. Am away on holidays at the moment but will try as soon as I get home. Really appreciate it.

Hi Kappster,

i found with using this method the key's the ripple effect was assigned to became a macro. unfortunately the keys i am assigning this ripple effect to using this method become un-usable. one way i tried to counteract this, is by setting up the macro key and changing the key bindings in the game i am wanting this to work for. bu the game requires the keys to be held down for different amounts of time (if you play OSU! you'd understand) and the best i could do for a macro is have it as a quick tap.

this could work for some games but unfortunately not for OSU!. i guess i am still on the search for an answer. hope this feed back helps in the future XD

Hi Kappster,

Hi guys,

Have tried the above but seem to get the same result as before, ie it overrides the keys normal function; it won't even type "R" anymore.

Here's a screen shot of the Assignment screen. All I changed was the circled bits.

http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab84/topshelf001/CorsairForwardDriveWave_zps77cee369.jpg

So in game I wouldn't be able to use "R" when typing in chat and likely I couldn't use the key as designated in game, ie driving forward.

What am I doing wrong? Want to keep the normal function of the key but just have a light wave assigned to it and only to that specific key but for the wave to go over the whole keyboard. :[pouts:

i found with using this method the key's the ripple effect was assigned to became a macro. unfortunately the keys i am assigning this ripple effect to using this method become un-usable. one way i tried to counteract this, is by setting up the macro key and changing the key bindings in the game i am wanting this to work for. bu the game requires the keys to be held down for different amounts of time (if you play OSU! you'd understand) and the best i could do for a macro is have it as a quick tap.

this could work for some games but unfortunately not for OSU!. i guess i am still on the search for an answer. hope this feed back helps in the future XD

Hi mate, per my post above I seem to have the same problem still that you're experiencing.

Any progress or tips from your end would be great.

Hi Guys,

Unfortunately no good news. Corsair have confirmed this isn't possible. After a couple times back and forth, I wrote their support team this clarification:

Created By: xxxxx (1/7/2015 6:08 PM)

Hi,

Thanks for your fast reply but it didn't provide a solution to my ticket. I've watched all your YouTube tutorials already and have successfully created groups and ripples / waves.

The issue I have is that per the tutorial, if you press any key in the group, it'll trigger the ripple / wave; I only want one key to do so. ie In a vehicle game where "W" is the drive forward key, I want an upward motioning wave to move up across the whole keyboard but only want that triggered when the "W" key is used, not any other key.

The only way I've been able to get that to work with a single key is by Assigning the key that function. However in doing that, it overrides the keys normal function in game (and even when just typing) rather than just adding the lighting feature.

So to summarise, my objective is:

1) Have a full keyboard wave triggered by only 1 single key on the keyboard, no others, ie no other keys in the wave group to trigger the wave.

2) Trigger key to retain normal in-game functionality but just add wave lighting trigger when depressed.

Would appreciate any instruction you can provide.

Support Response:

Created By: xxxxx (1/8/2015 4:34 PM)

Thank you for clarifying this. Unfortunately, this is currently not possible. I will forward this suggestion over to our development team for future considerations.

• Corsair Employee
At the moment, there is type lighting where a single key press will create a wave with the origin being the key (vs the middle of the keyboard when using a regular wave animation). Its not possible to define with type lighting how many keys the wave pattern goes over. With the regular wave pattern, you can define the groups of keys it goes over but all the keys in the group can start the pattern.

• 8 months later...

Just received my new keyboard and have been tinkering with it for a while, so far the only thing I haven't been able to do is this, it would be great if you guys could fit this functionality in the next software upgrade.

What I was trying to do is when I press R in dota, have a ripple effect in the rest of the keyboard, but only when I press R, right now it happens on every keystroke and there is no way of doing what I want. Thanks

• 1 month later...
At the moment, there is type lighting where a single key press will create a wave with the origin being the key (vs the middle of the keyboard when using a regular wave animation). Its not possible to define with type lighting how many keys the wave pattern goes over. With the regular wave pattern, you can define the groups of keys it goes over but all the keys in the group can start the pattern.

Just received my new keyboard and have been tinkering with it for a while, so far the only thing I haven't been able to do is this, it would be great if you guys could fit this functionality in the next software upgrade.

Haven't been back in these forums for quite a while. Seems this functionality still isn't available. I guess I could've just purchased a keyboard that had the same lights on all the time as this type of programming is the main reason I purchased this keyboard and it's still no doable. :[pouts:

Haven't been back in these forums for quite a while. Seems this functionality still isn't available. I guess I could've just purchased a keyboard that had the same lights on all the time as this type of programming is the main reason I purchased this keyboard and it's still no doable. :[pouts:

in assignments select the key you want to edit L for example brings up

actions panel, keystroke

keystroke should be the same one your trying to activate or you loose the key and cant type L

action repeat set to none

eg, L for landing gear then select your lighting effect once you press the l key the light should go on.

you must create the light effect in lighting so you can select it in the section that says lighting when start.

hope this makes sense.

• 1 year later...

I figured it out with CUE 2.

In my case, I like the spacebar to sort've "boom" across the keyboard when I press it with Green, Yellow, and Red, but only when Spacebar is pressed.

Lighting effects > New > Ripple > Insert Lighting Object (green top/left) > Insert Lighting Object (Red, top right), Insert Lighting Object (Yellow, top /center) > Tail (10) > Velocity (35) > Checkbox (checked) on "play from pressed key" > Start on keypress > Stop after one time > Select nearly entire board for keys activated > Save > Check light OFF on left lightning effects menu for effect

Action > Create Action > Insert New Event > Keystroke, Space > Done > Checkered Flag > Lightening (select ripple) > Save >

This is where the repeat macro is in so you can hold Spacebar as before and activate it repeatedly on hold.

Advanced Settings (crossed wrench against screw driver icon) > (While pressed, Repeat constantly, Constant, 200ms(I think is accurate to W10)) > Save

• 4 years later...
I figured it out with CUE 2.

In my case, I like the spacebar to sort've "boom" across the keyboard when I press it with Green, Yellow, and Red, but only when Spacebar is pressed.

Lighting effects > New > Ripple > Insert Lighting Object (green top/left) > Insert Lighting Object (Red, top right), Insert Lighting Object (Yellow, top /center) > Tail (10) > Velocity (35) > Checkbox (checked) on "play from pressed key" > Start on keypress > Stop after one time > Select nearly entire board for keys activated > Save > Check light OFF on left lightning effects menu for effect

Action > Create Action > Insert New Event > Keystroke, Space > Done > Checkered Flag > Lightening (select ripple) > Save >

This is where the repeat macro is in so you can hold Spacebar as before and activate it repeatedly on hold.

Advanced Settings (crossed wrench against screw driver icon) > (While pressed, Repeat constantly, Constant, 200ms(I think is accurate to W10)) > Save

Been a long timer since I've been back here. Read your write up and tried it and it's working. Thanks so much!!!