Corsair Community

Potentially buying 1000D

CallumW

I am currently looking at getting a new dual system case as you do. I was looking at the corsair 1000D but my main issue is the limited number of 3.5 " Bays. 3 I believe. If you are not able to put in some form of bay rack im not sure that I would get this case

I have this case and love it. There are no bays with external access. So if you want a DVD player it needs to be an external one. I took my internal bluray player and put it in an external case and it is connected with USB. There are (6) 5-1/4 internal bays for hard disk drives, (5) 3-1/2 inch slots for smaller drives and SSDs. And tons of fans.

I was looking at the corsair 1000D but my main issue is the limited number of 3.5 " Bays. 3 I believe.

You can see the five 3.5" drive caddies on the bottom to the right of the left french door. On the french doors there is space for eight 2.5" drives, with 6 caddies supplied, however the caddy installed on the right door at the bottom may need to be moved to the top to avoid clashing with the power supply for the second system if you install a second system, so that limits it to seven 2.5" drives.

https://www.corsair.com/medias/sys_master/images/images/h84/hc9/9112466161694/-CC-9011148-WW-Gallery-1000D-17.png

I'm only installing one system. I intend to mount another two 3.5" drives (for seven 3.5" drives) using a mount for these from another case, in the bottom right hand corner of the above photo where the second system power supply would go.

Archived