Corsair Community

Purchase new key caps for K95?

Narcio

I have a K95 which has just gone out of warranty I believe on June 5th. (Its the original non RGB white only backlight.)

My ALT key cap has cracked so its loose and just falls off of the cherry mx red switch underneath. The keyboard is fine otherwise.

Anyways, I just want to buy either just the ALT key cap or an entire set for this keyboard. I can't seem to find a place to buy replacements specifically for this keyboard although there seem to be a few non-oem replacement ones I could buy. Any suggestions on either getting exact replacements or non-oem ones that are as close to stock as possible and will be visible with the white backlight?

I had my left CTRL key cap also crack a couple of months ago when it was still under warranty and luckily tech support was able to go out of their way to send me a replacement CTRL key cap. Considering I've had 2 break now I suspect a few more might break eventually so I wouldn't mind just buying a whole new set, or at least a set of the buttons that are pressed a lot in FPS gaming like WASD, shift, tab, CTRL, ALT, QE, etc. I know that Corsair has some key caps for sale, the FPS red ones that go on WASD and a few other keys, but it doesn't include an ALT key cap which is my primary concern.

Cheers,

-Nick

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
I've had a similar issue in fact i think the key-caps that came with my keyboard have a manufacturing defect. i had 2 key-caps fail on my keyboard under warranty and the switches they sent had more plastic in the back of them (or different quality of plastic either way there was a noticeable difference between them) and hold on to the stem better than all the other key-caps on the keyboard. i made a complaint about this but they said all they could do is replace the entire keyboard, which i didn't think was necessary, so I've been neglecting to clean my keyboard in fear that another key-cap will beak and i wont be able to get new ones.

• 8 months later...
From what James said, make a support ticket and I'm sure we can send out some keycaps to replace the damaged ones.

so i did what you said before i found this topic, and support refused and told me to buy an entire 30 dollar set. i have had zero issues with over a dozen keyboards and i actually had to move back to my microsoft keyboard and logitech mouse i have used for 7 years.. though the mouse is another story, its tracking just doesnt work well anymore.

there was issues with the website and i couldnt make a ticket for the longest time because it said incorrect username/password even after resetting it 15-20 times to get in.

Archived