Corsair Community

Void Wireless Keeps loosing connection

LHman97

Hi I just got the Void Wireless and it at first it was fine but now it continally loses connection when i am using it. I have had it for less than 24 hours. Also should i be able to charge the headset and use them at the same time? When i plug the charger in it just disconnects the headset from the computer.

Thanks

Temporarily turn off other wireless devices and see if the headset looses connection.

The headset should sill work with the charger cable plugged in.

Have you tried a different USB port?

Try the headset on another computer and see if it does the same thing.

Note: if you are using the latest version of CUE, The VOID headset will automatically turn off after 11 minutes when there is no sound being played.

This happened to me once. And what I found was that I was using the device selector from Skype instead of seeting my desktop sound output device to the VOID.

It would seem, in my case, that if I don't have the Windows Playback device set to the VOID, after 11 minutes it will disconnect. Even if I'm using it with Skype for example.

It might be due to the fact that CUE only checks sound being output on the default device and if it's not getting any attention it shuts off.

How are your playback devices setup?

This happened to me once. And what I found was that I was using the device selector from Skype instead of seeting my desktop sound output device to the VOID.

It would seem, in my case, that if I don't have the Windows Playback device set to the VOID, after 11 minutes it will disconnect. Even if I'm using it with Skype for example.

It might be due to the fact that CUE only checks sound being output on the default device and if it's not getting any attention it shuts off.

How are your playback devices setup?

I am not using it with skype, and it is set as my default playback device.

And this thread isn't about it shutting off after 11 minutes. It is about the device connecting and disconnecting over and over.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the hardcore necropost, but this is the first link that pops up when searching for this specific issue and I found out the solution since I've looked everywhere and nobody ever gives the correct answer to the question.

The issue is that whenever the VOID headset is plugged in to charge AND in use, it disconnects often, like every ten seconds kind of often. My solution was to use a phone charger instead of plugging it into my computer. It may be something to do with Windows 10 but I'm not certain. What I am certain of, is that this is the solution to this specific issue.

Archived