Corsair Community

Question for you Pro's H100i Pro

pinkfloyd1173

I want to run a push-pull config on the Pro's Rad. Would this benefit me in keeping my CPU cooler then it is all ready, summer is coming so just want to get a bit more coolness if I can.

My other question is, if I do this would I need to get a commander pro to have all 4 fans run at the same RPM, in other words to control all 4 of them in ICUE?

Asking for your pro's opinion on this.

Cpu: i7 9700k

Thanks in advance guys.

It probably nets you around 2C lower coolant (and thus CPU temps) in the 1200-1500 rpm speed range. At lower speeds (like 800 rpm) the difference may be twice that for load conditions. Lower temps are of course better, but there will be a noise trade-off with 2 more fans running. The only sure fire winner is if you are trying to run a stealthy low speed profile. For everything else, it is a bit subjective and case location or other factors may make the noise irrelevant or irritating.

You should be able to get away with dual splitters on the H100i PRO that is SATA powered with two fan channels. You have about 1.5A to utilize, but I would not try and take all of that. 4 ML120s can run all day and night without issue. You could also use a Commander Pro to do the same, but I would only do that if you also want it for the rest of the case fans to bring them under desktop control through iCUE and off the BIOS.