Corsair Community

W2K "controller error" on Corsair S128

OlePJ

I am migrating my old 200GB OS partitions to my new Corsair S128 using 7tools Partition Manager 2005 under W2K.

I copied my primary (W98) partition and my first extended partition (W2K) without problems, but when I copy my second extended partition (Vista x64) (with resizing because it must be reduced from 150GB to 96GB) I get Disk IO errors on the Corsair S128. Windows System Event Log reports Event ID 11:

"The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR1".

I tried copying several times and it seems to happen the same places every time.

Is that a problem I can do something about (what?) or is it a permanent drive malfunction (i.e. needing repair / replacement)?

• Corsair Employee
With most of these utilities the full size has to be available IE 150 Gig and the resizing is not done till the whole image is copied. But I would check with the makers of that software to be sure.

Seems that the problem went away after I upgraded 7tools Partition Manager from 2005 version to 2009 version.

There must be something in the Vista NTFS version which confuses W2k and 7tPM2005 to produce a "controller error". :confused: Apparently a misleading diagnosis...

Thanks for your help. :):

Archived