Corsair Community

h60 as an intake causing my GPU temp soar?

dryl77

Hello, everyone. First time builder here and I just built my PC in a bitfenix prodigy case. Case has a side window panel by default which I believe is constricting airflow to the GPU fans as they are looking against it. After just 20 minutes of Watch Dogs gameplay on ultra, my GPU temp was 70 degrees with the fans at %72 efficiency. My GPU is EVGA 770 SC. I don't think this is normal. I have a h60 mounted as an intake at the back installed according to the Corsair Manual. So, I have a 120mm fan in front and the H60 fan, radiator at the back as intake again. My mobo has only 2 fan slots so I had to sacrifice the stock rear fan to install the H60. Do you think this is poor airflow and causing the GPU to operate in a hot air environment? What can I do to better the airlflow? Should I reverse the fan on the H60 and use it as an exhaust mounted at the rear top? Would it help the GPU temp? I was thinking of installing a 230mm fan in the front as intake, then a 140 mm fan as exhaust at the back, and finally install the H60 as an intake (as the manual tells you to) on the top of the case. Would that configuration help lower the temp on GPU? Oh, and my CPU and Mobo are around 35 degrees in idle or while surfing the internet,etc.

Thanks for all of your suggestions, guys.

P.S. And how do I install extra fans to the case when I only have 2 3/4 pin connectors on my MOBO? Do I use a fan splitter or something? Consider I'm a total noob :)

70 degrees is pretty normal under load for a 770 no worries.

You can turn the h60 fan(s) around to make it exhaust and it would be fine. The cpu temp will raise maybe 5ish more degrees and that way the heat from it is dumped outside of your case. I would agree the bigger front intake, separate rear exhaust and h60 in the top would also work great. :):

If you are out of mother board fan headers you can use a splitter or a molex to 3/4pin connector to power them 100% speed off the psu.

Hello, everyone. First time builder here and I just built my PC in a bitfenix prodigy case. Case has a side window panel by default which I believe is constricting airflow to the GPU fans as they are looking against it. After just 20 minutes of Watch Dogs gameplay on ultra, my GPU temp was 70 degrees with the fans at %72 efficiency. My GPU is EVGA 770 SC. I don't think this is normal. I have a h60 mounted as an intake at the back installed according to the Corsair Manual. So, I have a 120mm fan in front and the H60 fan, radiator at the back as intake again. My mobo has only 2 fan slots so I had to sacrifice the stock rear fan to install the H60. Do you think this is poor airflow and causing the GPU to operate in a hot air environment? What can I do to better the airlflow? Should I reverse the fan on the H60 and use it as an exhaust mounted at the rear top? Would it help the GPU temp? I was thinking of installing a 230mm fan in the front as intake, then a 140 mm fan as exhaust at the back, and finally install the H60 as an intake (as the manual tells you to) on the top of the case. Would that configuration help lower the temp on GPU? Oh, and my CPU and Mobo are around 35 degrees in idle or while surfing the internet,etc.

Thanks for all of your suggestions, guys.

P.S. And how do I install extra fans to the case when I only have 2 3/4 pin connectors on my MOBO? Do I use a fan splitter or something? Consider I'm a total noob :)

you can use a splitter or use a fan controller,theres many models to choose from...

Archived