Corsair Community

H100i V2 and ICUE pump speed control

jewie27

I just setup my H100i V2 with the latest ICUE software 3.9.93

I am able to set the fans using all 3 preset profiles: quiet, balanced, and extreme.

The problem is that I can't get the pump to run on balanced mode. I can get the pump to quiet (1800 rpm) and extreme (2880 rpm) only.

As I understand it, to set both fan and pump speed to the same profile I should be able to shift click both to set them at the same time.

Is there not a balanced pump speed for the H100i V2? I see the profile but can't apply it to the pump right now.

Also, should I uninstall Corsair Link?

Full PC specs in my profile.

As above. It’s a two speed pump like all Corsair cooler’s except the Pro series. The names aren’t overly significant and they represent a low/medium/high setting, which you will be able to use with the fans. For that application the settings do produce different control curves with different slopes and there is no reason you must run the same setting for fans and pump.

ICUE will supersede Link. There are a few legacy devices that need it, but I don’t see any of them in your specs. Ultimately, I would uninstall it, but for now it makes more sense to set it to not run on startup and leave it alone, just in case your iCUE transition is not as smooth as hoped. Removing iCUE would restore control to Link.

i'm using ICUE because of my Strafe RGB keyboard and Vengeance PRO RGB ram. I removed Corsair Link since you guys are saying it's not needed anymore.

Between quiet and extreme pump speeds, is there a big difference in cooling performance? Will extreme pump speed wear the pump out quicker? It's a refurbished model with 1 year warranty.

There should be little difference in cooling between the two, except perhaps on really long, repeated max loads like renders, etc. Easy enough to test out for your own usage. Make sure you measure coolant temp delta (starting/ending value). Your coolant temp goes up and down 1 to 1 with room and case temp, so its not going to be the same every day. Assuming there isn't a measurable cooling difference, I would park it on the lower setting. I usually hear the pump at the higher speed when doing quiet work, but it's not too difficult to set up a one button profile switch to higher speeds either.

Archived