Corsair Community

FORCE 240GB - SF2281 question

john909

Hello all.

I am looking into buying this SSD:

CORSAIR CSSD-F240GB3-BK SSD 240GB FORCE3 SERIES

which is controlled by the Sandforce SF-2281.This controller is infamous for 0x7A BSODs and I would like to know if these issues have finally been resolved.Please forgive me if this has been reported before but I failed to find any relevant info.I plan to buy and install this drive as primary OS/main apps and games storage so I would like to stay away from potential issues.

Thank you in advance.

coming here and asking this in a support board will no doubt generate a problem such as your asking from others users to be quite honest.while i cant address your concerns i will say that using a support board to make a buying decision is not gonna give you a fair assessment simply because those here will give negative opinions but this doesnt mean problems here are wide spread.

go with your gut instinct and also knowing Corsair will stand by what it sells.

when my rich uncle gets out of the poor house he is gonna get me 3 of these drives...;):

I think you 've misunderstood me.:sunglasse

I asked a question about an issue of the long past (2011) which logically it should have been resolved.This problem is all over the internet and is not Corsair specific.Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of "compromising" my main rig and get into an adventure with RMAs back and forth.In another forum I got the answer that with the latest firmware I should be ok.All in all this is not about Corsair which is a company I always prefer when choosing a product to buy.

Regards,

John.

when my rich uncle gets out of the poor house he is gonna get me 3 of these drives...;):

haha

I think you 've misunderstood me.:sunglasse

I asked a question about an issue of the long past (2011) which logically it should have been resolved.This problem is all over the internet and is not Corsair specific.Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of "compromising" my main rig and get into an adventure with RMAs back and forth.In another forum I got the answer that with the latest firmware I should be ok.All in all this is not about Corsair which is a company I always prefer when choosing a product to buy.

Regards,

John.

John, I’ve had the Corsair Force 3-SandForce SF-2281 for sometime now, and have not experienced any BSOD issues. It seems to run fine for me.

I think a firmware update sometime back solved that issue with the SandForce SF-2281 controllers.

Archived