Corsair Community

600T Fans Stuck on HIGH - brand new build

Howellerman

Greetings!

I just assembled a hot-rod PC using the Corsair 600T chassis, and the fans are stuck on HIGH. Searching the World Wide Wait turned up similar problems, but none for a brand new chassis out of the box.

Love the case! The look (these are not the droids you are looking for), cable management, and the capacity are great, but man, the noise is wearing me down!

Brand new system, 2-days old. MSI Z77A-65D system board, i7 3770K with Corsair H80 cooler and Corsair TX750M PSU. Did I miss a connection? The MSI destructions say nothing about hooking the fans up except to SYSFAN1-4 (I used them all).

Have to say the CPU is running cool (love the MSI Control Center), but the noise is making me irritable!

Are the fans plugged into the fan controller that was included with the case?

Plug the fans into a motherbaord chassis fan header and see if you can control the fan speeds.

Fan controller included with the case? There was no "controller". However, there are a number of unlabeled wires, all female connectors, that are coming down from the instrument panel. I have power on, reset, HDD activity light, all that working through the MSI system board, but have no idea what the unlabeled wires are for.

The only documentation was the big fold out sheet that had feature descriptions. No wiring diagram or similar.

Just tried swapping the SYSFAN1-4 assignment around, but no change.

I can control the fan speed, marginally, from the MSI Control Center interface. The lowest it will go, however, is 50-percent, and looking at the minor fan RPM change, it is clear it is closer to 15-percent.

Am I missing some documentation?

The knob at the top of the case is the fan controller.

Plug the stock fans back into the 3-pin connectors coming out from the front panel area and also plug in the molex connector. Then you should be able to use the knob to control the fan speeds.

The knob at the top of the case is the fan controller.

Plug the stock fans back into the 3-pin connectors coming out from the front panel area and also plug in the molex connector. Then you should be able to use the knob to control the fan speeds.

Heya Toasted,

Understood. However, the wires currently attached to the fan control knob are 2-prong, and the wires to the fans are 3-prong. Not much of an issue, as the third pin is "Sensor".

Both the cable ends for the wires currently connected to the fan control knob and the fans themselves are female, and I think that is what threw me. I think a visit to Fry's to get a male+male bridge adapter is needed.

PS: It appears the bulk of my noise is actually from the H80 CPU cooler, and I see there is a different thread for that... :sigh!:

Thanks for the help!

Well, don't I feel just special...

In fairness I haven't farted around with mini-pin connectors much. Turns out that the "female" ends on the fan control links were actually condoms - when I looked closely I could pull them off and expose the male pins.

All is well. Thanks for the help, Mister Toasted!

Archived