Corsair Community

C70 Vengeance stand offs

Wolf Rider

Hi

I'm a new member and running a "search" didn't seem to yields the results I sort.

I have recently acquired a C70 vengeance case (its not a bad box) and seems that one of the standoffs is not supplied.

Starting at the top left, there are three, which seem to be a rivet nut type fitting and not removable... the middle row seems the same except for the very centre which is a pivot (manke fitting the mobo a bit of an effort).

These six are all circular.

Now, under the middle row on the left side near the expansion card slots, which would be the case, there seems to be no standout (and not contained in the accessories pack either. There is a tapped threaded hole there though.

along the bottom, there are another three standoffs, which do seem to be removable and they are hexagonal as well as a couple of other tapped threaded holes I assume for a micro-atx

In general, the standoff lengths in this computer case seem to be longer than the average standoff

If that is all clear, is the missing standoff necessary? (it does seem it might be necessary, as all mobos have a hole present to accept the standoff possibly(?) to function to strentghen the board when installing addin cards.

thanks for any help in advance

• Corsair Employee

Wolf Rider,

It could just mean that we were not open when you posted as well...

Our hours are posted at the top of any thread, and you posted this over the weekend. So I am sorry but your assumptions are totally wrong...

There should be a few extra standoff's in the accessory box that comes with the case. But keep in mind like with many of the cases some of the stand offs may be actually stamped in the bottom of the case and no brass standoff is needed. If you are missing stand offs please use the link on the left and request an RMA and explain that you are missing parts from the accessory box for your case. Then post your case number and I will see it get processed ASAP be sure to include your address and phone number so the order can be processed.

Thanks, and apologies for the "short" post.

No spares were in the accessories case (as mentioned in the OP), Customer Service insists all the standoffs in the case are all integrated (ie not removable or replaceable, yet there are 6 holes, threaded, in the case which take standoffs)) and insist on sending me a front panel (which apparently has already been sent) when only a damaged lower (under the case) filter (and missing standoff) was ever mentioned... hence my "on crack" statement.

Case# 5026736

• Corsair Employee

I'm sorry that the person that you talked to was misinformed. There are indeed standoffs that are removable. Please proceed with an RMA request and post your case number here and I will get the order processed for you ASAP.

EDIT: A message was sent to customer service to send you the parts you need...

I just got my C70 today and the middle standoff thats missing for wolf rider is a round post with a round ball on the end on my case and does not come off the case as it looks to have been installed with a rivet type tool. the round post however lines up with a mounting hole in my mother board and I finished the build so I guess it's o.k. but there is no screw there but it does support the board when I installed my 2 GTX 580's the board felt solid.

also Corsair needs better inspectors at the manufacturing plant as my front cover or bezel had a large dent in the top left corner and it was not caused by shipping as the box it was shipped in has no damage at all, and the way the case is supported in the box the front and back are a good 5 inches away from the box so the damage happened at Corsair. I did a rma and asked for a new cover so we will see if I get one. oh and the side cover was off so the plastic window is pretty messed up but I already installed a solid smoked window as those fan holes are ugly and they block the best part of a build. you can however rotate the window 180 so you can see your nice build and not some ugly fan holes.

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to chime in here and say I had exactly the same problem as Wolf Rider.

I too am missing a standoff for ATX specifications, section 3.2, hole B. This says all ATX board mounting locations chassis should be there for ATX 2.2 compliance. For the C70, all locations drilled, but it seems to make an assumption that a maximum of nine will be in use. My board (Intel DZ77GAL-70K) uses ten.

Harold N. has been in contact with me off and on this week for my support case (#5339700), but it took a bit of time to convince him that the bottom three standoffs are screw in, and that I still need a fourth that wasn't included. Hopefully my latest email should sort that out soon.

I think Corsair should update the accessory kit for this case to add standoffs. I had everything the kit listed, but it doesn't have any standoffs. Some people might need an extra.

• 2 months later...

Hi Ram Guy,

I used the information you provided to use the RMA to open a ticket. I too bought a C70 case, and came up short on standoffs.

Is there a place in he US where I can buy them on a Sunday afternoon?

Best Buy? a good Radio Shack?

I don't want to wait days or weeks for the pats. I want my system together, and can, except for that standoff? The parts were not generous, but some were there, and no standoffs. Still an impressive case. Love the 1200 watt power supply. I now need a 1500 watt UPS with battery backup.

Can one gang together these cases? It would faster communications with 10 GE cards, even GigE.

That's also cheaper than going to Xeon.

Ralph

Archived