Corsair Community

MM800 mouse pad advanced lighting not working

OnlyMorty

So i'm having a weird issue and I don't know if it's only me or not. Using CUE version 2.20.72 my MM800 lighting effects wont work with the advanced tab clicked on. However when I make a custom lighting effect in the lighting library everything seems to work fine. It's only when i move that effect from the lighting library tab to the lighting effects tab that it stops working. So right now to run the Rainbow Bridge lighting effect on my K65 and have my MM800 light up with a custom effect i have to keep the CUE app open and the lighting effect i want for my MM800 highlighted in the lighting library. Any ideas anyone? (tried all my different usb slots, 3.0 and 2.0) is it a weird bug maybe that will hopefully get fixed soon?

• 3 weeks later...
I'm getting the same issue. Advanced or not, I usually have it enabled for all profiles, I can't select the sections on the MM800 through the Cue. I've never had this issue before. Frustrating.

does it come up as highlighted if you import a lighting effect from the lightings library? For me at least it comes up with a preview. May help diagnose

does it come up as highlighted if you import a lighting effect from the lightings library? For me at least it comes up with a preview. May help diagnose

Nothing. I can't even select the sections to choose a color of choice. I might get a indication for a slight second but it goes away quickly without being able to select it.

Nothing. I can't even select the sections to choose a color of choice. I might get a indication for a slight second but it goes away quickly without being able to select it.

Make sure you are holding down SHIFT when you drag across the MM800 picture. You need to start the mouse close to the edge. If it is just a little too far away, it won't start the yellow shadow highlight.

So i'm having a weird issue and I don't know if it's only me or not. Using CUE version 2.20.72 my MM800 lighting effects wont work with the advanced tab clicked on. However when I make a custom lighting effect in the lighting library everything seems to work fine. It's only when i move that effect from the lighting library tab to the lighting effects tab that it stops working. So right now to run the Rainbow Bridge lighting effect on my K65 and have my MM800 light up with a custom effect i have to keep the CUE app open and the lighting effect i want for my MM800 highlighted in the lighting library. Any ideas anyone? (tried all my different usb slots, 3.0 and 2.0) is it a weird bug maybe that will hopefully get fixed soon?

When you drag the effect from the lighting library, it will appear to apply it to the device (MM800). However, this is really only a preview mode. You still need to click on the effect in the profile and then Shift + drag over the pad to apply it. If you don't, it will revert back to the previous state as soon as you leave that screen. Since Kevin didn't include a MM800 light scheme for that profile, it is probably black.

Make sure you are holding down SHIFT when you drag across the MM800 picture. You need to start the mouse close to the edge. If it is just a little too far away, it won't start the yellow shadow highlight.

Oh, I know. I create a certain pattern on there while holding down CTRL but neither that or Shift will allow me to do so. I got one section highlighted but lost it when I tried highlighting another. It's just really bugged out for some reason and this is on a new Windows 10 and Cue install. Mind boggling really.

Oh, I know. I create a certain pattern on there while holding down CTRL but neither that or Shift will allow me to do so. I got one section highlighted but lost it when I tried highlighting another. It's just really bugged out for some reason and this is on a new Windows 10 and Cue install. Mind boggling really.

Can you try clicking more inside of the mousepad image? For me, i have to be pretty far to the inside, particularly on the right hand side for it to go yellow or active where i should be clicking.

If you are holding control, be sure you only click once to activate rather than deactivate...it doesnt give you a great feedback when it triggers

That is weird. I have noticed on CUE 2.21 and the MM800 it is extremely difficult to select the LED sections one at a time. I just sat here for a few minutes trying to get them all and I gave up with 4 remaining, most of them on the right side. On the other hand, I can Shift+drag over the whole thing each and every time. I just started using the MM800 again, so I can't give any past version history since the August.

EDIT: Now I think I have the hang of it. You have to wait and hover over the section until it lights up yellow. Then you can click. I have had one or two CUE installs go badly. As suggested above, I would uninstall and then re-install 2.21.

Archived