Corsair Community

Cherry MX Blues

OhhWhen

Hi guys!

This is my first ever forum post on here and soon I should hopefully be getting my first ever mechanical keyboard, I wanted switches like razer's ( the clicky ones ) and a keyboard like the K70 so I chose the K70 LUX with Cherry MX Blues to get! I haven't actually bought it yet because of the amount of reviews it has been getting saying that the key switches are mushy and have an inconsistent feel etc. but I want my first keyboard to be immaculate, so I would just like to know if these problems were happening with select keyboards that were sold or if they're global issues happening to all of them?

Thank you very much for reading and any advice / answers to my question would be greatly appreciated!

- Eoin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If any of you would like to know what I'm going to buy in all it's going to be:

Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX RGB Gaming Keyboard

Corsair Sabre RGB Backlit Performance 10000 DPI Optical Gaming Mouse

Corsair VOID Stereo Carbon Analog 3.5mm PC Headset

Corsair MM300 Extended Performance and Anti-Fray Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi guys!

This is my first ever forum post on here and soon I should hopefully be getting my first ever mechanical keyboard, I wanted switches like razer's ( the clicky ones ) and a keyboard like the K70 so I chose the K70 LUX with Cherry MX Blues to get! I haven't actually bought it yet because of the amount of reviews it has been getting saying that the key switches are mushy and have an inconsistent feel etc. but I want my first keyboard to be immaculate, so I would just like to know if these problems were happening with select keyboards that were sold or if they're global issues happening to all of them?

Thank you very much for reading and any advice / answers to my question would be greatly appreciated!

- Eoin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If any of you would like to know what I'm going to buy in all it's going to be:

Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX RGB Gaming Keyboard

Corsair Sabre RGB Backlit Performance 10000 DPI Optical Gaming Mouse

Corsair VOID Stereo Carbon Analog 3.5mm PC Headset

Corsair MM300 Extended Performance and Anti-Fray Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad

Hey, I have been using my K70 LUX with blues for 4 days now, and sadly I have no good news to report. The stiffness, mushiness, and inconsistencies between keys are still there. I am currently typing this with my ducky shine zero which feels like butter in comparison to the K70 LUX. Now I am still going to test the K70 out for a few more days and hope these problems go away, but If not, I would just rather get my money back and pick up a ducky with blues.

Hey, I have been using my K70 LUX with blues for 4 days now, and sadly I have no good news to report. The stiffness, mushiness, and inconsistencies between keys are still there. I am currently typing this with my ducky shine zero which feels like butter in comparison to the K70 LUX. Now I am still going to test the K70 out for a few more days and hope these problems go away, but If not, I would just rather get my money back and pick up a ducky with blues.

It's been over a week for me, and the stiffness has faded away for most keys...

Okay thank you for your feedback! I hope your key switch issues get sorted out, I'm still probably going to go with this keyboard!

That's good to hear! Has the stiffness fully faded away for like all of the keys so they sound like legit cherry mx blue keys? Would you recommend me getting this keyboard as my first mechanical keboard as well, even if there are a few issues with it?

Ok. I just asked since here you said it was mushy:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=159012&highlight=mushy

Yeah, let me rephrase, at the time the clicky wasn't as audible for all the switches, and every switch was VERY stiff, so that's I originally referred to it as "mushy". But I don't know if that was the same definition of mushy that you were referring too.

But regardless, I'm enjoying my k70 lux right now!

Yeah, let me rephrase, at the time the clicky wasn't as audible for all the switches, and every switch was VERY stiff, so that's I originally referred to it as "mushy". But I don't know if that was the same definition of mushy that you were referring too.

But regardless, I'm enjoying my k70 lux right now!

Which keys still have that stiffness / no click issue?

Been using my K70 with heavy use for over a week now and I can say it does feel a little bit better, at least the smaller keys don't feel as stiff as they felt out of the box. I've noticed with the bigger keys like backspace, shift, enter etc... if I hit them in the center it clicks and feels easy to press down, if pressed on the right or left side, the click isn't as pronounced and it's a lot stiffer.

My main complaint is actually with the spacebar. It literally sounds as if coins were jingling around. Can anyone else confirm if their spacebar sounds like mine because I saw videos of the RGB MX Blues on the Strafe keyboard and it doesn't sound anything like mine: [ame]

[/ame]

I was at MCM comic con today and was trying a bunch of the keyboards, Fnatic ones to be exact as they had a stall there, and I especially enjoyed the cherry mx blues that were there. The thing is, the keyboard I used today sounds great but the bigger keys that you used in the video sounded less " bluey ", where as at MCM they were great.. Shall I still go ahead with this keyboard and risk the stiffness or...?

Also, regarding the space bar, is there any way you can take out the stabilizers they have in use now and put in a better pair that Corsair use with the rest of their keyboards?

Your keys will be pretty stiff, but it should go away have a week or two of regular use from my experience thus far.

Which keys still have that stiffness / no click issue?

Please answer. I really wanna know how many keys out of 104 still have the issue after 1 - 2 weeks. Thanks!

I was at MCM comic con today and was trying a bunch of the keyboards, Fnatic ones to be exact as they had a stall there, and I especially enjoyed the cherry mx blues that were there. The thing is, the keyboard I used today sounds great but the bigger keys that you used in the video sounded less " bluey ", where as at MCM they were great.. Shall I still go ahead with this keyboard and risk the stiffness or...?

Also, regarding the space bar, is there any way you can take out the stabilizers they have in use now and put in a better pair that Corsair use with the rest of their keyboards?

You can always return it if you're not happy with it. For those who have typed on normal MX Blues before will immediately notice a difference but I can say that some of the keys have loosened up a bit.

As for the spacebar, one of my stabilizers is extremely loose and I sent a video of it to Corsair support a week ago but they haven't gotten back to me. Corsair uses standard Cherry stabilizers on all their keyboards which have a reputation for being hit or miss depending on the implementation which is why I much rather prefer Costar stabilizers(they have a metal wire going across the key to improve stability) as they generally feel and sound much better. There's people who do mod Cherry stabilizers and supposedly they feel great after but you'll void your warranty doing so.

You can always return it if you're not happy with it. For those who have typed on normal MX Blues before will immediately notice a difference but I can say that some of the keys have loosened up a bit.

As for the spacebar, one of my stabilizers is extremely loose and I sent a video of it to Corsair support a week ago but they haven't gotten back to me. Corsair uses standard Cherry stabilizers on all their keyboards which have a reputation for being hit or miss depending on the implementation which is why I much rather prefer Costar stabilizers(they have a metal wire going across the key to improve stability) as they generally feel and sound much better. There's people who do mod Cherry stabilizers and supposedly they feel great after but you'll void your warranty doing so.

Tape it down! (I know it sounds weird, but i've tried it with my backlit membrane keyboard. The stabilizers were rattling loose (It's attached to the keycap) so, i taped it and it stopped!)

So all in all.... Is it worth getting this keyboard or no? I've been waiting for it to come in stock on Amazon and it still hasn't come yet so the whole time I've been thinking about my decision and I can't really decide, but hearing the Cherry MX Blue's today at the convention were too nice to not get on a keyboard so I'm going to have to go for them, just on what keyboard?!

So all in all.... Is it worth getting this keyboard or no? I've been waiting for it to come in stock on Amazon and it still hasn't come yet so the whole time I've been thinking about my decision and I can't really decide, but hearing the Cherry MX Blue's today at the convention were too nice to not get on a keyboard so I'm going to have to go for them, just on what keyboard?!

I'd say get it. There may be stiff keys, rattling on long keys, less pronounced clicks, etc, out of the box. But, it should stop after a few weeks of using it. And if not, just RMA it, Get a refund, etc. If you still seem like you don't wanna get it, I'd reccomend there options (In Order) 1: AZiO MGK-1 RGB 2: Razer Blackwidow Chroma (X or no X) 3: Corsair Strafe RGb (1/5 of people reporting sticky keys). I would also reccomend the Ducky Shine 5 RGB (If you can find one with Blues) Option 1 and 2 does use Kailh switches but they are incredibly simular to Cherry MX Blues.

Oh no...

I just ordered one today. I just heard about this on Reddit. Should I cancel? I wanted the ultimate K70 keyboard with RGB but with Blues and was so upset when I found out they cancelled them like a year ago supposedly, until I heard about these new LUX versions.

...and I waited until I got paid today and immediately ordered one direct from Corsair - and find you guys are saying the Blues are crap? So, they didn't fix whatever was wrong with them? :confused:

...are they just taking the failed results from last year and tossing them in these boards anyways? Should I cancel and get the Razer Overwatch board instead? I wanted dedicated media keys and the CUE craziness. :mad:

I think you should just wait and see what you get. If you keep looking at forums only you will see "a ton" of peoples complaining about issues, but you will never see peoples praising it because nobody comes to write here if there are no issues.

I've decided to wait until the 6th of June and try to order mine off of Amazon no matter the reviews, after using it for a week I'll decide whether I'm happy with it and I'll be sure to post on this forum the pros and cons of the keyboard, and if mine really did come with messed up keys and a weird space bar etc.

Thanks for the help everybody!

Hey guys, so It's been a little over a week since I have been using the LUX with cherry mx blue switches, and it is still not the best experience. For everyone that has been having issues with the stiffness of the keys, I think I found a solution. I took off all the keycaps and mashed down on each key repeatedly. After I put the keycaps back on, I immediately noticed that a majority of the keys became slightly lighter. This method especially helped the modifier keys loosen up a bit. Now I want to address a huge issue that I found. From what I could tell when I was pressing down on my keys, it seems like a majority of the switches themselves just seem to have come from a bad batch of switches (just my opinion). No matter how much you use it, the switch is just going to stay "mushy" (non clicky).

Hey guys, so It's been a little over a week since I have been using the LUX with cherry mx blue switches, and it is still not the best experience. For everyone that has been having issues with the stiffness of the keys, I think I found a solution. I took off all the keycaps and mashed down on each key repeatedly. After I put the keycaps back on, I immediately noticed that a majority of the keys became slightly lighter. This method especially helped the modifier keys loosen up a bit. Now I want to address a huge issue that I found. From what I could tell when I was pressing down on my keys, it seems like a majority of the switches themselves just seem to have come from a bad batch of switches (just my opinion). No matter how much you use it, the switch is just going to stay "mushy" (non clicky).

Have you contacted Corsair support on this issue to see what they have said, and if so, is there a way to contact the Cherry MX company to see if they have a solution?

Archived