Corsair Community

Newly bought vengeance pro rgb not working

alelelelx

i recently build a new pc and what i noticed is that one of the ram stick does not light up. I currently have 2 sticks but 1 stick seems to not work as only the top and bottom are lit and they are stuck in static red. I have tried changing the colours through corsair Icue software and msi mystic light app. is there a way that i could fix it? by the motherboard im using is the msi b450 gaming pro carbon and i tried to find the spd option in my bios but i can't seem to find it.

Which version of iCUE are you on? have you checked for a FW update? If on latest version and latest fw, submit a ticket.

-Art

I have checked and its the latest version of the icue. I also uninstalled other led controlled apps such as mystic light. Also I have opened a ticket in the support website.

I had a similar issue with my Vengeance RGB Pros, not being detected correctly on an X99 chipset.

In my case the the SM-Bus Write was disabled in my Bios-Settings. You may check if it is enabled in your bios settings. I-Cue needs the SM-Bus Write and Read enabled to work correctly.

If you have installed the current Windows Version (1803) you may also look into the device manager under system devices, if the SM-Bus Controller is shown correctly.

I had a similar issue with my Vengeance RGB Pros, not being detected correctly on an X99 chipset.

In my case the the SM-Bus Write was disabled in my Bios-Settings. You may check if it is enabled in your bios settings. I-Cue needs the SM-Bus Write and Read enabled to work correctly.

If you have installed the current Windows Version (1803) you may also look into the device manager under system devices, if the SM-Bus Controller is shown correctly.

I'm on an AsRock X470 Tai Chi Ultimate mobo myself, and there's 0 option for enabling/disabling SPD Write :(

I've created a ticket with both Corsair and ASRock.

And just got back from working all day, and am in the process of final stages of troubleshooting.

So far, I've re-flashed my BIOS to 1.50 (current up to date) and have tried 1.52 beta as well.

And each time I fully uninstall iCue + Delete Corsair registry values before doing a complete shutdown / PSU off, +CMOS clear.

Am using just 2x Ram DIMMs at a time in the default A2 +B2 DIMM slots as that is what ASRock says to use for just 2 sticks for Dual Data Rate. I'll be trying out the other slots with just 1 kit at a time as well.

Still no SPD-Write enable/disable in the Beta Bios either. Blah ASRock >.<

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue. Brand new RGB Pro ram isn't working properly with my GA-Z270X-DESIGNARE motherboard. I get the same visual as @alelelelx does, with the top and bottom LED in the leftmost RAM just solid red and everything else is off.

There's no option anywhere in my BIOS to do anything with a "SM-Bus". I've also tried uninstalling/reinstalling/updating/closing Corsair's (and others) software and firmware but none of that worked at all. I've contacted Corsair support about it but they were unable to fix the issue and have since stopped responding to the ticket.

Did anyone have any luck solving the issue, or should I ask for an RMA?

I've created a ticket with both Corsair and ASRock.

And just got back from working all day, and am in the process of final stages of troubleshooting.

So far, I've re-flashed my BIOS to 1.50 (current up to date) and have tried 1.52 beta as well.

And each time I fully uninstall iCue + Delete Corsair registry values before doing a complete shutdown / PSU off, +CMOS clear.

Am using just 2x Ram DIMMs at a time in the default A2 +B2 DIMM slots as that is what ASRock says to use for just 2 sticks for Dual Data Rate. I'll be trying out the other slots with just 1 kit at a time as well.

Still no SPD-Write enable/disable in the Beta Bios either. Blah ASRock >.<

Hey, hey!

Reports using BIOS version 1.35A work, but the latest update the to 1.50 or Beta 1.52, iCue will not work and your LED's will not be controllable.

Another thread with the same discussion and BIOS version solutions for these troubling ASRock boards - http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=179776&page=2

Having the same issue too. Well initially i was using iCue 3.7.XX on Gigabyte x470 MB with a R5 2400g. LEDs on the DIMMs were working flawlessly. Then I upgraded to R5 2600x and also upgraded to corsair h115 pro AIO. I am not sure what triggered the issue. Now only 1/2 shows up in iCue and that one lit in static blue and other one does not light at all. Any lighting effects I change in Icue the DIMM does not respond to the changes.

I have tried all the options below

- updated iCue 3.8.XX

- Uninstall and fresh reinstall of iCue 3.8

- Tried updating the DIMM firmware - update fails always and version shows as V.?

- Uninstall RGB Fusion & Icue and reset CMOS and install just iCue

- Could not find SPD write on BIOS.

Now both the DIMMs dont light up and only one stick shows up in iCue. Earlier to this chaos, Icue 3.7 and RGB fusion were working in harmony and happy till CPU upgrade. Also I noticed that the DIMM that shows up in iCue is running 2C hotter than the one that does not. Earlier both used to run at the same temps.

Can't even wrap my head around this issue. :dunno:

A wild solution left in the dark - Fresh windows install? - nah can't do. Corsair guys if you are seeing this please help me out here.

Found out from an other wise man on this forum and followed his steps below:

1/ uninstall RBG fushion

2/ Update back old version Bios of main F3g , the newest is F3

3/ Go back to Icue update firmware ram. (will cant update firmware if use Bios F3)

4/ Reset computer and now u can enjoy change anything color of ram at Icue.

---- http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=977422#post977422

Now I was able to update the firmware on iCue and both my DIMMs are back to life. :headbang2 If you are using Gigabyte motherboard this could help.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi guys i have some troubles in my ram dimms i have 2 kits of corsair vengence pro rgb

i allready have instaled a kit and my pc works whyout a problem i just recently purchased i new kit when i is instaled creates a conflict between my old dimmms and the new ones i can start my pc but only one kit of rams never the kits at same time sorry for mi english i new in this

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I noticed this thread online so I figured better to reply than start a new one for a similar issue.

I bought a kit of 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro which I attempted to install yesterday. It's an entirely new build and it's actually my first build.

I inserted both sticks into that recommended slots in the MSI Tomahawk B450 mobo but only one stick is lighting up no matter which slots I flip them around into or attempt to try by themselves.

I plan to update MOBO bios today and install an OS but without doing any test if the stick isn't lighting up no matter what, is it likely a dead stick?

I raised a ticket with the seller so waiting to hear back about returns but if it's possibly ok then I can wait and test.

Thanks for any help.

• 6 months later...