Corsair Community

Solid side panel replacement for Carbide 540

MCFire

Is there anyway to get a solid left side panel replacement for Carbide 540? I really dislike all these cases with windows, but that then narrows my case selection. So I ended up getting a Carbide 540 but would really like to replace my windowed panel for a solid one.

Anyway to get one of these?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering the same thing. I don't make component choices based on matching parts visually, I make component choices based on performance and value. This usually means I have mismatched components, and the window just highlights it.

I'd like to buy a Carbide Air 540 myself, but haven't pulled the trigger because of the window.

Does the side panel match the size of another case? Maybe it could be swapped for another panel from the Corsair lineup.

I'm also considering buying some limo tint and blacking out the window so you can't see in.

• 8 months later...
Unfortunately we don't offer a solid side panel for the Air 540. If we hear from enough people that are interested in one, though, we may look into providing it.

Since one point of the designers is maximum air flow, a nice option for those of us not so interested in detailed interior visualization might be a large mesh panel. Commercially, although the possible options might not be profit centers in themselves, their availability might increase sales of their respective cases. So... buy a high airflow 540 case that offers easy builds, high airflow, and side panel choices!

• Corsair Employee
Unfortunately it's my understanding that cases with mesh side panels haven't traditionally done very well for us. I've seen side intakes used to good effect on our cases and cases from competitors, but they ultimately seem to be unpopular.

Archived