Corsair Community

M65 feet wearing very fast

CurlyFred

This happened with my first M65 on which the right pad (when looking at the underside) which wore to a concave state in under two weeks. This M65 is wearing very fast on the back pad, slightly less on the right and not much on the left, but they all have a concave patch now. The front two feet have not worn at all and look brand new. I am using it with a Corsair MM200 cloth pad.

Anyway I was wondering if this is just what happens, cause at this rate of wear it looks like it will need new feet every six months and I know from experience they do not come off easily.

So If anyone could let me know the wear they've experienced that would help a lot.

Thank You

• Corsair Employee
I've been using the mouse on a Corsair Mousepad for over a year and didn't have this issue. I can replace the feet for you though if you'd like to try a new set to rule out a bad pad, just put in a RMA request.

Hello thanks for the reply. This is my second mouse now the retailer (ebuyer) replaced my first one after I had the same issue as well as a sensor issue. So you're probably right that it is the mouse pad, so I will put an RMA in for it. I was wondering though if I could get the M65 switched for an M95 and pay the difference if that's possible. Again thank you for your reply.

I've been using the mouse on a Corsair Mousepad for over a year and didn't have this issue. I can replace the feet for you though if you'd like to try a new set to rule out a bad pad, just put in a RMA request.

A year? Maybe the feet on the pre-release model you have been using are different.

• 5 weeks later...
hey guys, I have a Corsair M60 mouse and the feet on it are worn so much that the metal on the front of the mouse is making contact instead of the feet themselves. should I just buy a new mouse or can i buy replacement feet?

@ Ram Guy... any thoughts of making aluminum mouse feets? I know it's an odd thing to inquire about but it has crossed my mind. Honestly, I tried using those old flat batteries as mouse feet by using double sided tape to hold them in place and I tell you it definitely works. Only down side is it works too good and slippery on a Vespula mouse pad textured side.

I posted a picture of my M60 and the M65 from a coworker who has used it since launch (no mousepad either).

Those photos are ridiculously small, still I think I see enough wear/scratches there. It depends on what surface you are using however, no mat means you probably use it on desk, huge friction, thus more wear.

Those photos are ridiculously small, still I think I see enough wear/scratches there. It depends on what surface you are using however, no mat means you probably use it on desk, huge friction, thus more wear.

The funny part about these mouse feets are when a speck of dust gets inbetween the feet and the mouse pad it feels like there is boulder underneath there grinding and scratching the mouse pad every time I move the mice... lol. I mean, that's the feeling I get when using the mamba 2012. Not sure how other people would describe it.

Archived