Corsair Community

How to do this?

WannaCry

Hi,

I'm on my way of building a new system (first time) and already possess the Corsair Crystal 570X White case. I've been stuck on the RGB element of things. I read Zotty's guide and understand things a bit better, but still have some questions.

On my list are the following Corsair elements beside the case:

• Corsair Hydro H150i Pro RGB 360mm Liquid CPU Cooler
  • Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (4 x 16 GB)

The plan was to add the following:

• 1x Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fan — 3 Fan Pack with Lighting Node PRO
  • 1x Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fan — Single Pack
  • 2x Corsair LL140 RGB 140mm Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fan — Single Pack
  • 1x Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion Kit

I basically wanted to add LED strips to the case (4 max) and have a total of 6 RGB fans, among which 3 belong to the AIO. The plan was to mount the radiator up front, replacing the original SP120 case fans with LL120 ones

By buying these items I will have a Fan LED Hub + Lighting Node Pro. The question is, is this enough to create iCue controlled RGB system or do I need to buy Commander Pro? Also, what's Fan Control and why should fans need to be connected to Commander Pro instead of directly to the motherboard?

hi buddy,,,

Re' the Commander Pro..

by having one this would allow you full control of your Fans for both RGB and RPM in iCUE.,. if you don't have the Commander Peo you would have to control your fans in bios, Which would be hard to match speeds to what your AIO's fans are doing.

Hope this helps bud.

Thank you for explaining ^^

So basically if one only wants to use iCue for controlling the RGB Lighting, then the NoPro will be enough, but if one wants to control fan speeds and monitor temperatures using the software then Commander Pro is needed

Archived