Corsair Community

Performance 3 128G

scooterguy

Hi all,

I purchased this drive about 6 months ago and installed W7 64bit on an entirely new system with an Asus MB, 16G of Corsair Vengance ram and an intel 2600k processor. The problems started when I tried to use Acronis true image to back up my system. Tech support with Acronis spent months screwing around with the program to no avail. In the last 6 weeks my computer locks up but the mouse is still controllable with the little swirl for a pointer indicating that the box is thinking. Now my system boots and will work for anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes depending on how much I ask of the drive. It will play a game or surf the net for 15 minutes but if I try to copy a bunch of files or run a virus scan it will lock up. It never truely locks up it just becomes unusable...as in none of the programs will open. Also, 3 times in the last few months my system has failed to boot because the C drive has dropped off the "boot priority" in my bios and I have had to go into the bios to reset the priority. I am 99% sure I don't have a virus and all of the components are less than 8 months old.

I appreciate any help I can get...I sent an RMA in on Feb 8th and haven't even heard back from tech support?:sigh!:

Here is my Tech Support Express Case [2645983] # from the email I received.

This sounds like my story as well. I've used checkdisk and it found bad sectors and marked them bad and now the drive seems usable but I've never had this issue before with the 64GB drive so I put in for a RMA as this is the second time I've had to wipe and start over or reimage.

I hope I don't have to wait as long as you for a RMA.

I had this same exact thing happen to me and had to replace the drive twice. The original worked for a couple of months and the RMA drive worked for 10 months. Both drives gave me the same spinning pointer and falling off the bios boot. Only way to get the drive to appear again was to remove the power. I just did an advance RMA and am waiting for a replacement. The CSR wanted to send me another P3 and I said in no way I want another one of these drives only to have the same issue come up again. Plus paying for another return shipping. The CSR said they would upgrade to a Performance Pro but those were not in stock. I refused to accept another P3 and they finally (after asking to talk to a supervisor) agreed to send me a Force GT. IMHO, that was the correct thing for Corsair to do if they wanted to have a satisfied customer.

Archived