Corsair Community

K90 - Help Assigning G key actions

jihn

Hey

I got the k90 in the mail yesterday, this is my first gaming keyboard of the sort.

Was planning to use this for SW: The old republic

I am having some trouble however, i press 'MR' > 'G1' > 'W' > 'MR'

This should in theory allow my char in this game to move forward?

However when i am in the game, nothing happens. Could anyone be so kind as to give me some tips as to what i am doing wrong? Any help is greatly appriciated.

I have already installed the Corsair K90 Configuration drivers. And it appears to record the buttons pressed to that, but it is not working ingame.

I have the same issue as the OP. Nothing that I assign to the macro keys (G-keys) registers in SWTOR. I don't know if it's a SWTOR issue or what? It really should not be game related so I'm at a loss to explain it.

Can we get a comment from Corsair?

Issue: G keys do not register within SWTOR (I don't know about any other games)

Hi!

I have recently purchased the K90 and the M90. I like the products very much.

But I'm also having problems with assigning the G-Keys on the K90, and even on the M90.

(I'm using the latest Corsair software and my I'm running Windows 7 64-Bit)

So just to test my K90 and M90 out, I tried assigning simple keys:

When I input a basic function, such as the "J" key to G1 on the K90 it doesn't work in-game

EX: When I play Skyrim, I push G1 to bring up my Journal (or "J" Key) and nothing happens. BUT when i use MS Word or search the net, the G1 key works, and types "J". Same thing when I try assigning one of my button's on the M90. I also tried "Assign Application" when I right click under "Application" in "Manage Profiles". Assigning the Skyrim EXE (TESV.exe) to the profile doesn't work.

I also tested the G-Keys and M90 buttons out in Bad Company 2. They don't work in-game!

The only time the assigned G-Keys and extra mouse buttons work is when I'm NOT playing games :(

Any help from the Corsair Team/Support/Community would be much appreciated.

And a question for Corsair: Will there be a software update that lets us use the volume control and mute button in game? Currently can't use those while playing games.

Thank You,

Mark

It is somewhat pointless to have a gaming keyboard if we are unable to use the G keys in an actual game. Doubt many of us had planned using it for word and office.

Some sort of feedback from corsair on this would be nice.

Not sure how to set those G keys up (I just got the K90 for SWTOR as well!), but if you have a back browser button on your mouse, that will also toggle autorun on/off. Good for action while moving~ (I used to do the same thing for WoW during PVP)

I hope so, then maybe the mouse will work! Yay!

mouse drivers not until the 30th supposedly.

but yes it is purely driver/software issue here. the keys are only writing the keys to the windows API, not in games that use directinput

mouse drivers not until the 30th supposedly.

but yes it is purely driver/software issue here. the keys are only writing the keys to the windows API, not in games that use directinput

Yeah, that's what I understand it to be. Basically a compatibility issue.

Fixed!

I found a work around. I'd tried running the Corsair Vengeance control program as an admin, but that didn't work. Turns out the program that actually makes the G-Keys happen is called k90Hid.exe and that's the one that needs to be given administrator rights.

I found it by running the task manager and looking in the processes tab. Right click on it and select "Run as Administrator". I had to do a restart before it would work for me.

Fixed!

I found a work around. I'd tried running the Corsair Vengeance control program as an admin, but that didn't work. Turns out the program that actually makes the G-Keys happen is called k90Hid.exe and that's the one that needs to be given administrator rights.

I found it by running the task manager and looking in the processes tab. Right click on it and select "Run as Administrator". I had to do a restart before it would work for me.

CONFIRMED!

The workaround above works in SWTOR.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived