Corsair Community

Type Lighting Proposal

RajMyster

I was hoping there will be a way (if not already, and I am just bad at life) to have a ripple effect from certain specific keys?

For example, instead of having all my keys do multiple typelighting and send me into epilepsy, I would love if I could make only my enter key and space key send the ripple. And when I am playing League Of Legends, having my R key send an awesome colored ripple!

Thoughts and comments are appreciated!

This would be a great feature to add. Awesome idea!

Thanks dude! Yeah a friend and I really assumed this to be there, having an ultimate spell ripple colors when a single key is pressed, oh baby!

Or better yet, allow us to set the lighting effects that are activated by specific keys so that the effects originate from the pressed key instead of from the center of the keyboard ( the 'P' key).

Yeah! Like having a group (arrow keys for example) , and each key can be assigned an effect within the group.

Thanks for the replys dudes!

Im pretty sure they thought of this when they were designing and also im pretty sure its a hardware limitation. but who knows.. haha anything could happen

Hey dude! Yeah it seems like it would have been an obvious option, but I hope it is implemented soon! Also, I added you the other day and subbed to your channel; your video helped me immensely! :D

• 1 month later...

Hey, so this is pretty far after the original post, but I just got the keyboard and I think I figured out a way to do ripple lighting for specific key presses. I did it in a kind of work around way using macros on key press and key release. Typing still functions normally as far as I can tell. I tested it out in League of Legends a little bit and it seems to work fine.

The profile I made is for my League of Legends setup, so the keys are lit-up for my keyboard settings for that, you can of course change that on your own ;-)

If you decide to try it out, let me know if there's something buggy about typing with this profile that you notice, since it did involve re-assigning actions to keys.

QWER and ADF all have ripple effects, the other buttons are just solid lights.

edit: WARNING: don't reboot your computer with this profile active. Because some keys are re-assigned as macros that emulate the keypress, they won't do anything until the software launches, which happens after logging in.

League of Legends.prf

Im pretty sure they thought of this when they were designing and also im pretty sure its a hardware limitation. but who knows.. haha anything could happen

All the lighting patterns are done on the PC software. They could definitely do this. The hardware is basically just a low-res screen taking in "video" data over USB.

Hey, so this is pretty far after the original post, but I just got the keyboard and I think I figured out a way to do ripple lighting for specific key presses. I did it in a kind of work around way using macros on key press and key release. Typing still functions normally as far as I can tell. I tested it out in League of Legends a little bit and it seems to work fine.

The profile I made is for my League of Legends setup, so the keys are lit-up for my keyboard settings for that, you can of course change that on your own ;-)

If you decide to try it out, let me know if there's something buggy about typing with this profile that you notice, since it did involve re-assigning actions to keys.

QWER and ADF all have ripple effects, the other buttons are just solid lights.

edit: WARNING: don't reboot your computer with this profile active. Because some keys are re-assigned as macros that emulate the keypress, they won't do anything until the software launches, which happens after logging in.

Thanks man, i appreciate it. It's a little bit off of what i mean though. I want specifically JUST the R key to do a ripple effect FROM the R key, and not the center the way the program defaults to doing it. But i do like how you made the ripple for summoners and ulti the same color as the key. I might use this and fiddle with it to my liking, so thanks again! (you look like an adc main)

• 1 month later...

Archived