Corsair Community

LL 120Fan and RGB RAM

Ekyona

so let me know if anyone has encounter this. so I set up my new fans today.

I have 7 LL120 fans white edition, 3 RGB Strips and 4 RGB Ram.

I have the 2 RGB hubs connected to the commander Pro. 6 in one hub and 1 in the 2nd.

I have the Node pro connected to the USB header on the commander pro.

the Node pro has the 3 RGB strips connected.

here is my problem; so whenever I use lighting Link on Color Wave the RGB Ram do night light up, BUT if I turn off the 7th fan off connected to the 2nd Hub it turns on. wired right? any solutions?

2nd problem! so whenever I use rainbow spiral again in lighting link. all RGB's work except for the 7th fan......the 7th fan blinks like color shift... wired again.

here is the weirdest thing if I use the pre lighting ones (custom) they all work fine.

I have unstilled the drivers and reinstalled them. I've used more the 6 fans before and never had the problem. haven't changed to any new hardware. only thing new is the LL120's white edition.

should I buy another FAN? to test it out or should I RMA 7th Fan? or maybe buy another hub? I can't imagine it being the hardware because all other settings work. I haven't tested it in farcry 5. let me know what you guys think.

I have had problems with icue in the past and usually the system just corrects itself. I have just never encountered this before.

That's really odd. The RAM and the fans really shouldn't have much effect on each other like you are describing.

It almost sounds like perhaps your profiles are kerfluffled. What happens if you switch the 7th fan to the other hub? Does the issue follow the fan or the channel? Are all of the LEDs selected? And is the RAM in software control mode or hardware control mode?

Okay so I think I will RMA or maybe buy one other fan to test. But I did switch the fan to the other hub and the problem followed the fan. I also did discover that it I turn on the software control for the ram it they work in color wave mode. But shouldn’t it work regardless if it’s on or off?

Another thing I noticed is that when i switched the fan to another hub the RAM wouldn’t come on during color wave. But if I turned off the 7th fan again it worked. Let me know your thoughts. Do Corsair employees read btw?

Okay so I switched the hub connections on the commander pro. So the problem that was happening to one fan is happening to all my fans. So I think it’s my commander pro. I have the setting in spiral rainbow and all 6 fans are in color shift. The 7th fan is the only fan in spiral mode. If I switch the back the problem going back the 7th fan. So I think the 2nd port on the commander pro is malfunctioning. Let me know what you think.

Problem still occurs if I make new profiles.

Archived