Corsair Community

Corsair void RGB crackling sounds

I've been using the Void Wireless for a few months, and it completely varies on what applications (or even what media files) generate a crackling sound.

The only thing I haven't heard crackling from is using it with my PlayStation 4, suggesting an incompatibility could exist with any out of a dozen or more audio codecs/drivers! It's a nightmare.

So, in respect of some soundcards, I've found a partial workaround - if you go into the advanced settings for Power Options, there is a field called "Processor Power Management", with a subheading marked 'Minimum Processor State'...

By setting 'Plugged In' to 100%, the crackling on audio and music will disappear as long as you don't crank up the volume too high. However, from what I can tell, the bug is restricted to Windows 8/8.1/10, since certain audio technology (Alchemy, for example) is not present as it was in Windows 7.

• 1 year later...
  • Corsair Employee
So, in respect of some soundcards, I've found a partial workaround - if you go into the advanced settings for Power Options, there is a field called "Processor Power Management", with a subheading marked 'Minimum Processor State'...

By setting 'Plugged In' to 100%, the crackling on audio and music will disappear as long as you don't crank up the volume too high. However, from what I can tell, the bug is restricted to Windows 8/8.1/10, since certain audio technology (Alchemy, for example) is not present as it was in Windows 7.

Sounds like the port isn't providing enough power for the dongle. Does it happen when connected directly to the mobo vs through a hub/extension?

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

So I recently started getting this issue with my beloved VOID Wireless Gaming Headset and it progressively got worse.

But I have found a permanent fix for it and can now listen to multimedia without constant audio popping or cracking that was driving me insane.

The issue isn't actually with the product but the default driver Windows 10 installs when you insert the dongle into a USB port for the first time and becuase iCUE sees the driver already installed it uses that faulty one instead of the correct Corsair OEM Driver. (Since the Creative Update Windows has been handling drivers differently.)

To stop this from happening and install the Corsair Void Headset without this issue, do the following:

1. Uninstall iCUE from Programs and Features and reboot.

Now windows will automatically pick up the device again and reinstall the driver.

Do the folllowing to remove the device again and stop it from reinstalling (if any other devices give you issues in future just renable this afterwards):

2. Go to "Device Manager" -> "View" -> "Devices By Container".

3. Right click and uninstall all devices under the "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset" container and make sure to tick the option "Delete Device Drivers".

4. Search under Control Panel "Hardware" then select the underlined "Change Device Driver Installation Settings". -> Change the option "Automatically Download Drivers..." to "No" or "Never" (if any other devices give you issues in future just re-enable this afterwards).

5. If the device is still visable under "Devices" in the WIndows 10 Settings App Remove it there too.

6. Unplug the Dongle from the Computer and Reboot.

7. Install the latest version of iCUE with the Dongle unplugged and Reboot.

8. Insert the Dongle, iCUE will auto-start and say "No Device Detected" then Windows will install the wrong default driver.

9. Go back to "Device Manager" -> "View" -> "Devices By Container" and uninstall all drivers under the "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset" container again.

10. iCUE Will now auto-detect your device again and reinstall the correct driver.

This fixed my issue and I really hope that this tutorial will help some of you guys with the same issue.

Let me know if it worked for you too.

Happy listening.

Edited by Barricade

Hi All,

So I recently started getting this issue with my beloved VOID Wireless Gaming Headset and it progressively got worse.

But I have found a permanent fix for it and can now listen to multimedia without constant audio popping or cracking that was driving me insane.

The issue isn't actually with the product but the default driver Windows 10 installs when you insert the dongle into a USB port for the first time and becuase iCUE sees the driver already installed it uses that faulty one instead of the correct Corsair OEM Driver. (Since the Creative Update Windows has been handling drivers differently.)

To stop this from happening and install the Corsair Void Headset without this issue, do the following:

Now windows will automatically pick up the device again and reinstall the driver.

Do the folllowing to remove the device again and stop it from reinstalling (if any other devices give you issues in future just renable this afterwards):

3. Right click and uninstall all devices under the "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset" container and make sure to tick the option "Delete Device Drivers".

4. Search under Control Panel "Hardware" then select the underlined "Change Device Driver Installation Settings". -> Change the option "Automatically Download Drivers..." to "No" or "Never" (if any other devices give you issues in future just re-enable this afterwards).

5. If the device is still visable under "Devices" in the WIndows 10 Settings App Remove it there too.

8. Insert the Dongle, iCUE will auto-start and say "No Device Detected" then Windows will install the wrong default driver.

9. Go back to "Device Manager" -> "View" -> "Devices By Container" and uninstall all drivers under the "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset" container again.

10. iCUE Will now auto-detect your device again and reinstall the correct driver.

This fixed my issue and I really hope that this tutorial will help some of you guys with the same issue.

Happy listening.

THANK YOU!!! This worked like a charm. I'm so happy I could kiss you. :praise:

• 1 year later...
Hi All,

Happy listening.

Well, i'm using this headset over 2 years and dude, you totally saved me from this annoying sound. I'm like using a new brand. Followed your instructions step by step and this annoying sound is gone.

Thank you,

Got everything but step 10 icue doesn’t auto detect

Did the process recently and did not perform steps 9 and 10. I suspect iCue or Windows changed device recognition and/or driver install since 2017... So far so good after ~3hrs.

I did this process, ICUE did no longer auto-detect. I just unplugged and replugged the dongle and the correct drivers were installed, crackling gone thank god.

On Corsair Void Elite.

• 1 month later...

None of this worked for me. I ended up checking the channel that my wifi router was using for 2.4 gHz. It was set to Auto, so I set it to channel 1 and would test each one until one worked or I made it through all of them. Long story short it has been set to channel 1 for two months now. And the headphones have never worked better.

I have been having this issue on and off for a few years now. Corsair even replaced my last pair when we couldn't figure it out. This has been the only thing that fixed it....so far.

Quick Tip: Turn off LED lighting. Will give you quite a bit more time before charging.

Hi All,

9. Go back to "Device Manager" -> "View" -> "Devices By Container" and uninstall all drivers under the "Corsair VOID RGB Wireless Gaming Headset" container again. The device should be missing from device manager at this point.

10. iCUE Will now auto-detect your device again and reinstall the correct driver when you close out of iCue and then re-open it again

Happy listening.

Commenting for visibility as when I reinstalled windows i had this issue and it's now sorted but found the last couple steps were less clear than I had wanted. Thanks for this!! Though wireless set to channel 1 for the 2.4ghz is likely helping, too.

Edited by Mikhos

• 1 month later...
Hi All,

Happy listening.

Just got a new Void ELITE wireless and experiencing the static/hissing immediately.

Tried following your steps, and it completely resolved the issue of the hissing, but the microphone wasn't working at all (or the audio queues for it) -- the headset was missing entirely from Device Manager but I was still able to hear audio through the Corsair headset.

When I restarted my computer, everything went back to normal. The static/hissing came back and the microphone was working again.

Please help! The noise is unbearable. Has Corsair not released a fix?! The issue obviously has to do with iCUE.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Registered here for just this case, because i found out what was not working for me.

I am using a wireless Logitech mouse which uses 2.4Ghz connection.

I have Corsair Virtuoso Wireless SE which also uses 2.4Ghz connection.

When you put those two things together it causes problems in the wireless transmission.

Quick and easy solution for this was to get a usb extension cable and change the usb dongle of Virtuosos to left side/far away from the mouses wireless transmissor, that they do not harass with 2.4Ghz connection between them.

Believe me, i banged my head in the keyboard for 24 hours straight and continued banging it on the wall for same amount of time after realizing it was this small thing that caused the problem.

Hope this helps, because for me it fixed the problem.

• 1 month later...

Had this problem for a few months, been trying to fix it for many days and I finally found a solution for myself. It was not the drivers neither was it my My Void wireless but it was my router who's Wireless Signal kept interfering with the void wireless's Connection. Went into its configuration and changed its Wireless channel, changed it from a 2.4Ghz to 5GHz (Wireless mode 11n Only)

and lastly lowered my router's transmit power to 50%. Its been a few days and no problems so far. Hopefully this one works for those who have this problem.

• 4 months later...

I had iCue 4 installed and kept getting audio stutters. Tried this recipe multiple times to no avail. Finally I just uninstalled iCue and now I get audio without the stutters.

I may try getting iCue 3.8 installed (the one that is recommended for the Void)...

• 6 months later...

I've had this static crackling on occasion, but on a usb connected void, my best guess is it has to do with the initialization during boot when it might get a bit to low power because of the many usb devices connected. Disconnecting and reconnecting the usb plug fixes this problem for me. If the problem is getting worse you might be looking at a PSU that is quietly dying on you, or worse something on the motherboard that distributes the needed power is going wonky. If it's wireless then it might be caused by batteries that have aged and are no longer up to the task despite having still good voltages but not being able to deliver the needed current anymore. There is also the chance it is a device conflict not very well handled by the OS that starts causing this crackling, in which case you might have to try other drivers for your equipment that could be causing the conflict. Gonna take some trial and error testing to find out which, the game of eliminating possibilities is up to the user as always.

• 10 months later...
On 1/9/2021 at 2:25 PM, imtopa said:

Registered here for just this case, because i found out what was not working for me.

I am using a wireless Logitech mouse which uses 2.4Ghz connection.

I have Corsair Virtuoso Wireless SE which also uses 2.4Ghz connection.

When you put those two things together it causes problems in the wireless transmission.

Quick and easy solution for this was to get a usb extension cable and change the usb dongle of Virtuosos to left side/far away from the mouses wireless transmissor, that they do not harass with 2.4Ghz connection between them.

Believe me, i banged my head in the keyboard for 24 hours straight and continued banging it on the wall for same amount of time after realizing it was this small thing that caused the problem.

Hope this helps, because for me it fixed the problem.

You litterally saved my wallet, I was having a mental breakdown and wanted to buy another wireless headset.
You really helped me, Thank you.