Corsair Community

New NVME Option - Corsair One Pros?

Aetherios

We don't specify the specific M.2 drive model.

Hi Dustin!

Thanks for the response. I recognize the model wasn't specified. That is, in fact, the point of my thread! Ambiguous answer aside, I ordered my Corsair One and pray it doesn't explode as seems to be common for other people on this forum. The fact that I didn't receive a confirmation email from Corsair for my order does not bode well though. Wish me luck!

• Corsair Employee

The reason we don't specify is because the model inside may vary; this is pretty common with systems businesses in general.

That being said, us nerds responsible for Corsair One are pretty cognizant of how important the user experience is and it's bad business to have massive variation in SSD performance. So you can and should expect reasonably tight performance variation, and we didn't add the extra expense just to cram a slow drive in there. ;)

Touche, cat dude. I like your style. Which I feel like I will be experience a lot of as my order has inexplicably been placed on hold, and the 800-number said the Corsair "VIP" line would be calling me tonight, which it hasn't - the the phone line is now closed.

Mine just shipped today, witha scheduled delivery of tomorrow. (Seems like Corsair bumped up shipping speeds to offset 1-week processing time?) I'll have a full run down on everything with the unit tomorrow, including quality of new NVME drives, coil whine, and is the CPU situation as disastrous as these boards suggest!

Archived