Corsair Community

vengeance k60 firmware problem

ChrisCross97

First the Media Keys didn't work. So I tried a firmware update with the newest software. during that the update failed for whatever reason. windows showed me kbd boot loader instead of corsair k60. another update didn't work because the software didn't recognize the keyboard. i tried to deinstall the driver and replace it with the one integrated in the software. but windows said that the driver is up to date and won't let me replace it.

is there anything that i can do or should i just replace it?

Turn off the automatic check for drivers in Windows Update.

Advanced System settings>Hardware>device installation settings>click "no..."

Then uninstall the drivers in Device manager and tick "Delete driver software for this device"

ok did that and it didnt change anything. so i tried to deinstall the driver and install it without plugging the keyboard out and in. i couldnt find it in the device manager. so i tried to install the corsair driver manually threw the software with a driver installed and with it deinstalled.

with doing all that i couldnt get to a stadium where i was able to install the firmware update.

should i send it to the shop where i bought it or directly to corsair?

When did you buy the keyboard?

If its under two years from purchase date, you can request an RMA to replace the keyboard. Make sure you upload a picture of the invoice as proof of purchase. Or you can contact your seller and ask if they can replace it first as that may be faster.

Archived