Corsair Community

Difference between RAM CMK16GX4M2Z2400C16 and CMK16GX4M2A2400C16

Falzix

Hi all,

I want to get some new 8*2 rams and I'm wondering what's the difference between CMK16GX4M2Z2400C16 and CMK16GX4M2A2400C16.

One letter difference, on Corsair website they look exactly the same (same latency, speed, even same box) however the Z2400 version in the description at the bottom

http://www.corsair.com/it-it/vengeance-lpx-16gb-2x8gb-ddr4-dram-2400mhz-c16-memory-kit-black-cmk16gx4m2z2400c16

doesn't have any field regarding XMP 2.0.

However both model's boxes have "XMP Certified".

Now, what are then the main differences between these 2 RAMS?

I need to know, since I found a "Z" version for 30 euros less than the "A" version and I'm wondering which I should buy.

P.s. My mobo is GA-H110M-S2H, but I'm planning to get these ram now and bring them to my new build on a Z370 with i5-8400 by end of 2018.

Thanks all

The A version is older with the product literature timing it around the X99/110/170 releases. The Z version references the Z270 and Ryzen and obviously came later. Does it matter for your current board? I doubt it. You should probably check your compatibility list anyway, but I suspect the later Z kit won't be there. Most board makers don't do a lot of testing with later kits.

If you have your eye toward a Z370 set up later, it might make more sense to save the 30E now. You are going to need it if you want a 32GB 3600+ RAM kit at the current prices.

The A version is older with the product literature timing it around the X99/110/170 releases. The Z version references the Z270 and Ryzen and obviously came later. Does it matter for your current board? I doubt it. You should probably check your compatibility list anyway, but I suspect the later Z kit won't be there. Most board makers don't do a lot of testing with later kits.

If you have your eye toward a Z370 set up later, it might make more sense to save the 30E now. You are going to need it if you want a 32GB 3600+ RAM kit at the current prices.

Thanks a lot

Is the Z version XMP 2.0 as well then? Even if there's no reference about it at bottom description?

I will then take the Z version probably, I'm planning to upgrande from 8 to 16GB but my current mobo doesn't take more than 2400, that's why I need this little frequency.

However I think I can then oc to 3000, right?

Thanks a lot

It would be utterly stunning if those modules are not XMP compliant. I am not sure Corsair sells any Vengeance LPX kits that not XMP 2.0 compatible. However, if you are going to overclock it to 3000 or anything else except 2400 MHz exactly, the XMP doesn't mean much anyway. It is just an overclocking preset. If you don't want to use it, you don't have to and can always set the manual primary timings and voltage.

It is possible a 2400 kit might overclock to 3000 with looser timings and more voltage. Whether or not your motherboard supports frequencies that high is another matter. I would need to get a copy of your manual and read it.

It would be utterly stunning if those modules are not XMP compliant. I am not sure Corsair sells any Vengeance LPX kits that not XMP 2.0 compatible. However, if you are going to overclock it to 3000 or anything else except 2400 MHz exactly, the XMP doesn't mean much anyway. It is just an overclocking preset. If you don't want to use it, you don't have to and can always set the manual primary timings and voltage.

It is possible a 2400 kit might overclock to 3000 with looser timings and more voltage. Whether or not your motherboard supports frequencies that high is another matter. I would need to get a copy of your manual and read it.

All I needed to know was the differences and if I could mount those ram on my actual mobo.

I was worried since the Z version is 30 euros cheaper (on amazon.es) than the A version, but since it is newer (indeed better?) I'll go for the Z version and them bring it to the new future rig/mobo.

Thanks a lot again

Archived