Corsair Community

Blowing on keyboard changes its color?

mjs96

I was having an issue with one of my keys ( specifically the B key ) color being a bit off and i was searching online on how to fix it. Many fixes included updating the firmware or plugging it into different USB slots, but one stood out to me:

"try banging your keyboard against the wall"

I didn't do that because quite honestly i like this keyboard and its not even 2 weeks old, but i saw a bit of dust in between the keys so i blew on it. My B key fixed itself. I thought i was hallucinating at first so i blew on it again and it made it change to a red hue instead of the solid white it should have been. I went into full blown panic mode and furiously started blowing into my keyboard trying to get it back to its bright solid white i had it before.

It worked after 10 minutes and me nearly passing out, but i just really want to know what could be causing my keys to change colors when i blow on them lol.

I have the k70 lux rgb and i got it off amazon not even 2 weeks ago.

• Corsair Employee

LOL be-careful... Blowing on your keyboard should not change the color of the LED, however if the switch is not mounted properly ( loose connection) that may be the reason why.

If anything you should get a replacement from Amazon, since you are still within their 30 days.

yep, these are dirt particles which get under the key, they tend to dim the light or give another hue to the color. Blowing air and turning the keybord upside down while gently shaking will clear out this debris.

• 1 year later...
yep, these are dirt particles which get under the key, they tend to dim the light or give another hue to the color. Blowing air and turning the keybord upside down while gently shaking will clear out this debris.

OMG. Thank you so much! I literally made an account just to thank you. My F key was getting dim and nothing was working haha.

Archived