Corsair Community

Corsair Hydro Series H110i GT

gouran

Hello, I'm a bit affraid about Corsair Hydro Series H110i GT, what if it leakes and some of this water come on my pc components? It's dangerous or it's distilled water and it can't make any short circuit. I naver had any WC so i have to ask for it.

The issue with the H110i GT was specific to that model and the very cold North American Winter last year. Packages were exposed to sub-zero temperatures during shipping. The freeze-thaw cycle on the product led to leaks on some units. That should not be an issue for you at this time. Any liquid inside your case is potentially destructive, whether it is distilled water or something else. Corsair handles damage from coolers on a case by case basis, but leaks are not common.

I understand but most any component can cause catastrophic damage such as a drive shorting out or a Psu burning up or one of dozens of wires rubbing causing a short and any of these can cause a total loss.

I have hydros in all my builds,my newest is a custom cooling build with over 8k invested that's way more prone to leaking than a hydro but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Waters advantages are well worth the risk and the failure rate is quite low overall...

I can say this if you go with a hydro,you'll never go back to air...;):

The water used in these hydro's isn't totally conductive,Ive seen where components get wet but were not damaged.,and its unlikely every component would get damaged in a worse case scenario .another way to look at it is if you did get a leak say 2 years down the road,the hydro is warranted and by that time components are due for upgrading anyway.

I have half a dozen computers now but when I got my first hydro in 2012 I only had one and I too was very nervous getting a hydro but as stated Ill never go back to air regardless...

Take a look at my build in my sig,,much more risk of a leak than with a hydro;):

So this is lottery it can be breake and burn up my pc or good and nothing will happend?

After that i think better will be air cooling.

There is no lottery involved. Try to avoid leaving your PC outside in sub-zero winter conditions and don't take it for high altitude rides in a non-pressurized compartment. However, as wytnyt pointed out, water cooling isn't for everyone... at least until we get a handle on a non-conductive liquid that still conducts heat energy.

We take risks in every aspect of our lives,drive on the interstate with hundreds of others and any one of them can do a suicide dance with us ,we hear about tainted beef but we still eat it

bottom line everything has its risks...

No we dont but...

Im nearly 61 yo single male taking care of my disabled mom,my 9 year old grand daughter,mortgage and everything is on me,I work full time and stay on call 24/7 just to make ends meet so I know a little about having it hard.

I cant decide for you ,only you can as you know whats best for you.

It comes down to what you feel is best for you,members like me are here to help if we can...

But no1 answer me when i ask is it possible to protect my components from leak

I heard that corsair repalce damaged components if one of their AIO damaged pc is that true?

No we dont but...

Im nearly 61 yo single male taking care of my disabled mom,my 9 year old grand daughter,mortgage and everything is on me,I work full time and stay on call 24/7 just to make ends meet so I know a little about having it hard.

I cant decide for you ,only you can as you know whats best for you.

It comes down to what you feel is best for you,members like me are here to help if we can...

I spent half of my life to collect money for this pc and if wc will burn it out i think i could make something terrible to myself.

If this really is something you are concerned about, there is a somewhat simple physical solution to help minimize your risks even further. Instead of mounting the radiator in the roof, mount in the front panel of your case as an intake. With a 900D, there may be a lower level option as well. On the rare occassion a cooler system develops a leak, it doesn't explode - it drips. By moving the radiator from the roof to the front or lower portion of the case, you remove most of your really expensive components from the drop zone. No water on the Ti's. No water on the memory or mainboard. There are some consequences to using the radiator as a front intake, like bringing warmer air into the case. However, there may also be consequences to having in the roof as well with a pair of 980 Ti's in SLI. Read the second half of this post. Start with Post 24 and ignore the garbage in the beginning. The heat from a pair of 980 Ti's appears to be substantial. There may be practical advantages to not putting it in the roof above the GPU's, so the roof and rear of the 900D can be used maximally to evacuate the heat from the case.

If this really is something you are concerned about, there is a somewhat simple physical solution to help minimize your risks even further. Instead of mounting the radiator in the roof, mount in the front panel of your case as an intake. With a 900D, there may be a lower level option as well. On the rare occassion a cooler system develops a leak, it doesn't explode - it drips. By moving the radiator from the roof to the front or lower portion of the case, you remove most of your really expensive components from the drop zone. No water on the Ti's. No water on the memory or mainboard. There are some consequences to using the radiator as a front intake, like bringing warmer air into the case. However, there may also be consequences to having in the roof as well with a pair of 980 Ti's in SLI. Read the second half of this post. Start with Post 24 and ignore the garbage in the beginning. The heat from a pair of 980 Ti's appears to be substantial. There may be practical advantages to not putting it in the roof above the GPU's, so the roof and rear of the 900D can be used maximally to evacuate the heat from the case.

But leak can be in processor so it wont help in this situation

But leak can be in processor so it wont help in this situation

No, it really can't. There is a metal alloy plate between the processor and the cooler. It doesn't leak. It doesn't transmit moisture. It just transmits heat from from the CPU to the water. However, if you are trying to minimize damage, the value of your two GPU's far exceeds that of the CPU or anything else. The suggestion was made with that in mind, as well as the more difficult problem of managing the heat that will be created by 980Ti SLI.

No, it really can't. There is a metal alloy plate between the processor and the cooler. It doesn't leak. It doesn't transmit moisture. It just transmits heat from from the CPU to the water. However, if you are trying to minimize damage, the value of your two GPU's far exceeds that of the CPU or anything else. The suggestion was made with that in mind, as well as the more difficult problem of managing the heat that will be created by 980Ti SLI.

I'll buy 13 fans dont worry about heat

No offence but it sounds like you should stay with an air cooler as water is a obvious risk your not willing to accept but all the best with whatever you decide.

Its a shame tho as a hydro would really compliment your build...

C-attack give me Great idea :) i think i will buy 110 gt

Archived