Corsair Community

Vengeance LED problem?

LoneEdge

I have a Asus Hero IX, i7-7700K & 16GB 2x8GB Corsair ram.

When in the bios both sticks of ram "pulse" but when I go in to desktop only the left stick of ram pulses?

I have tried swapping the ram around and same thing happens so I don't think the ram is defective.

Also when in Corsair Link putting the ram mode to "Static" again only the left stick of ram stays on.

Any suggestions thanks.

I am in a few days of building my my PC

As you can see in my system specs I will have an Asus z270 F.

I also have Corsair RAM and CPU cooler

I am wondering if you can give me some details of how you setup things in BIOS and or Software to avoid any conflicts between Corsair and Asus software.

Thanks in advance !

I am wondering if you can give me some details of how you setup things in BIOS and or Software to avoid any conflicts between Corsair and Asus software.

Don't install any of the ASUS software!

Q: Corsair Link and ASUS AI Suite don’t seem to work together. What’s up with that?

A: Corsair Link and ASUS AI Suite frequently monitor the same devices in your system. Because of this, they can conflict with one another and cause the other to lock up or be unstable. Please exit out of AI Suite completely before using Corsair Link, and vice-versa.

See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141037 for why.

I mean I bought the Mobo and GPU to get the Aura Led Sync, will Asus Aura soft also cause conflict ?

I don't as know how the LEDs are interfaced to the motherboard. If it's via the SMBus then there is likely to be conflict unless Aura Led Sync uses the Global\Access_SMBUS.HTP.Method named mutex to interlock access.

If you posted the SIV initial + [sMB Bus] (Menu->System->SMB Bus) screen shots from my SIV utility I may be able to tell.

Note once ASUS software is installed it can be tricky to totally remove it, see https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=completely+remove+asus+ai+suite

Will this allow me to control my RAM LED and H100i instead of Corsair Link ? And thus avoid conflict with any asus soft that I 'need' to be installed ?

Yes, SIV can control the RAM LED and H100iV2 :biggrin:, but it's not just CL4 that has issues with ASUS AI Suite, it ALL other software including SIV :(:.

ASUS need to fix their software to use the same locks as all of AIDA64 + NZXT CAM + CL4 + CPUZ/HWM + HWiNFO + SIV + ... use :asskick:

Don't install the newest version of ASUS Aura. I have a Z270E and using the old version fixed this problem for me (so far). Read my other posts for more info.

I installed it and both LEDs shut down, I can't get them to turn back on though. Did you just uninstall the new version and install the old version? Mine just stay off regardless of which version I install, I can only get one to light up using Corsair Link. :/

Edit: After a complete shutdown of my machine while doing some cleanup, both LED's work again on reboot. Now we just have to wait for Corsair to fix their software so we can control both LED's!

I'm having the exact same issues when using corsair vengeance 3200 DDR4 red led ram. My mobo is Asia Z270G. Left stick will always illuminate but right stick turns off once desktop is live. I've already downloaded the corsair and says software, so is it best I uninstall says suite? Sorry I'm new to this world of tech so please go easy with me.

• 3 weeks later...

Same issue here, but on MSI mobo. There must be some other program in conflict, but don't know which one. I have 4x8gb@3000 RED.

Installed, all 4 dimms function, all 4 LEDs pulse.

Set all dimms to static in Corsair Link, all 4 LEDs stay static.

Shutdown, Power on, dimms 1 and 4 pulse, 2 and 3 static.

Shutdown, Power on, dimms 1 pulse, 2 3 and 4 static.

Shutdown, Power on, dimms, 1 and 4 pulse, 2 and 3 static.

What is going on!? Hard to find info. LEDs on RAM sticks is pretty new so I get it, but these features were available at sale, and they don't work now. I specifically got these LEDs to be the main source of light inside my design minimalist design and now they don't work the way I would like them to. Major bummer...

• 2 weeks later...

I have 4x8GB of ram vengeance led and they work fine until yesterday, when Corsair Link software updated to version 4.5.0.55, now the software does not even recognize the memories anymore. The computer continues to function well and recognizes the memories, only the corasir software that does not, and the LEDs have gone out.

The motherbord in use is Asus strix z270e

• 4 weeks later...

Me too :(

Asus X370 Prime Pro, The Onboard AURA lighting system stopped the moment I installed the corsair LED ram..

Any ideas on how to make the motherboards aura lighting work again? Considering the mobo lights still off when installed other non LED Ram

the ram light up and pulse out of sync!

arhhhhhhhhhhh

Archived