Corsair Community

Asus B365M Pro 4 + Vengeance RGB Pro = not showing up in iCue

m4v21

Hi all,

I have just finished installing a system with an ASRock B365M Pro 4 MB, Corsair H100i RGB Platinum liquid cooling and two 8Gb CMW16GX4M2C3200C16 Vengance RGB Pro memory modules.

The cooling shows up fine in the iCue software and the RGB lights can be fully controlled. The memory modules do not show up in iCue however and are stuck in rainbow mode. Funnily enough they do appear and are recognised on the dashboard tab of the iCue software.

I've been reading about turning on SPD as a fix, but can't find this in the bios. I've tried rolling back to BIOS version 1.2 (as per the Asus website), but that makes no difference either.

Is it simply a matter of waiting for the iCue software to get updated for this specific MB, or is there something glitchy in my memory modules?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

m4v21

Edited by m4v21
Typo in title

This is tough.

First, the AMD boards don't seem to have SPD Write as an option in the BIOS> Not all Intel boards have that as an option either, though most do.

Specifically with the Asus AMD motherboards, we've seen lots of issues with the latest BIOS versions recognizing the Vengeance Pro RGB. Maybe see if you can go back one more version? It's hard to say, at this point, if the problem is with your RAM modules or it's one of those whacky AMD/Asus motherboard issues. And I'm not sure if the issue is on the software side or on the hardware side. :-(

Thanks for your quick reply.

(...)

Maybe see if you can go back one more version?

The ASrock website only offers two versions of the BIOS for this board right now (link): 1.20 and 4.00. The latter has big warning labels that you cannot roll back once you are on this version, so I'm hesitant to try this.

Just to illustrate what it looks like in iCue, this is what I see on the home tab:

icu-sd-130419a.png

So no Vengeance modules. But they do show up on the dashboard tab and are recognised for what they are:

icu-sd-130419b.png

CPU-Z does seem to detect the RAM okay too:

cpu-z-sd-130419.png

So I'm not sure what to do right now :[pouts:

Edited by m4v21
ASrock, not Asus

• 1 month later...

I have the same MoBo, except the Intel i5-8400. I have the same problem as the OP. My bios is the 1.00 version and that doesn't solve the problem either. I going crazy trying to solve this. Bought this great memory and can't change the rainbow effect to go with the rest of the colors.

I hope someone can figure this out. Much thanks in advance!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well after searching and searching i found this and it worked. It was posted on the forums here. You are limited but can at least change the color of your Corsair Vengeance RGB ram now...

I was having the same issue of getting the ram lighting to work with icue. I accidentally found a solution that worked for me and might work for anyone else who is having this problem. My motherboard (Asrock B365M Pro4) does not allow you to enable SPD Write, so this is where I (and probably a lot of others) ran into problems. iCue knows you have ram in the dashboard, but wont let you get to the rgb customization. It recognizes my H115i ALO just fine though. My GPU is the Gigabyte varient of the RTX 2060, and the logo is rgb so naturally I downloaded the RGB Fusion software for gigabyte

This is where the fix comes in. When going through and setting up the rgb for my GPU, I noticed my ram was there. Funny enough, I can customize my RGB CORSAIR ram through GIGABYTE'S software. So if you cant get your ram to be detected in the iCue software, try out the Gigabyte software and it might be there. Sucks I cant get it synced, but at least I can get it to the colors that I want in static or effects.

Hope this helped some of you out, I've been trying to get this to work for hours and figured others are doing the same. Good luck finding another fix if this one doesnt work for you

• 3 months later...