Corsair Community

New hub without connecting cable

zagor69

Hello, I just bought an extra hub due to my 8 rgb Corsair fan, I bought everything from Corsair Europe and what is funny is that the hub comes alone, without anything letting you to connect it to the Node Pro

Absolutely unbelievable

Anyone knows where I can find and buy that cable?

http://andreatheone.altervista.org/cable.jpg

Tks in advance

Edited by Technobeard
changed to link

• Corsair Employee

The cable comes with the Lighting Node PRO and is mentioned in the quick start guide for that product.

http://www.corsair.com/~/media/corsair/download-files/manuals/link/lightingnodepro_install_guide.pdf

Relevant installation instructions are on page 5

"4. OPTIONAL: Plug the HD RGB LED cable into an available LED header to connect an HD RGB LED hub (sold separately)."

Edited by Corsair CJ
Format

The cable comes with the Lighting Node PRO and is mentioned in the quick start guide for that product.

http://www.corsair.com/~/media/corsair/download-files/manuals/link/lightingnodepro_install_guide.pdf

Relevant installation instructions are on page 5

"4. OPTIONAL: Plug the HD RGB LED cable into an available LED header to connect an HD RGB LED hub (sold separately)."

In that instructions I already read, the OPTIONAL is the HUB, not the cable

Have you any suggestions where to find it to buy?

Also in Corsair shop seems to be a ghost and I don't think to have an hub working I must buy another Node Pro just to get the cable...

Anyway that's unbelievable! Is like to buy a car and the duct connecting the fuel tank to the engine is not included.... Which human guy can had studied to reach this target?????

Tks

Edited by zagor69

I think I understand the problem.

You have a Lighting Node Pro. It came with ONE cable to connect the LNP to a Fan Hub Controller.

You purchased, standalone, a second RGB Fan Hub because you have more than 6 fans and, therefore, needed the second hub.

However, you do not have a cable for this second hub. Correct?

I think I understand the problem.

You have a Lighting Node Pro. It came with ONE cable to connect the LNP to a Fan Hub Controller.

You purchased, standalone, a second RGB Fan Hub because you have more than 6 fans and, therefore, needed the second hub.

However, you do not have a cable for this second hub. Correct?

Correct mate, and this kit is what I find but no one of those cables are correct

I'm completely upset, for a 30 cents of cable I have to spend at least 10 euro for shipping, always if I found it anywhere in this world...

More funny if you check the package LL RGB Kit Contents, that cable is not mentioned at all and it was there.... also in the standalone Hub the cable was not mentioned in the package contenents, and it was not there. Which crazy commercial policy is this??????????????????????

Seems that Corsair is telling to the customer: "Do you want a cable? Buy another Node Pro"

I think this is the first time I spent 200 euro in Corsair kit and fans and this will be the last, and not just for fans...

As my uncle said: "I hope all of my money you'll have to spend in medicine...."

Edited by zagor69

• Corsair Employee
Correct mate, and this kit is what I find but no one of those cables are correct

I'm completely upset, for a 30 cents of cable I have to spend at least 10 euro for shipping, always if I found it anywhere in this world...

More funny if you check the package LL RGB Kit Contents, that cable is not mentioned at all and it was there.... also in the standalone Hub the cable was not mentioned in the package contenents, and it was not there. Which crazy commercial policy is this??????????????????????

Seems that Corsair is telling to the customer: "Do you want a cable? Buy another Node Pro"

I think this is the first time I spent 200 euro in Corsair kit and fans and this will be the last, and not just for fans...

As my uncle said: "I hope all of my money you'll have to spend in medicine...."

The Lighting Node PRO should have come with two of those cables. Also, the hub is sold as a spare part for our cases that came with RGB fans (which would have a controller included with the case that'd plug directly into the hub). I'll suggest the the cable be added to the hub in the future (or that we change the info on the product page for the hub to mention that the cable to connect to Commander PRO/Lighting Node PRO is not included), but again you should have the cables you need to get going already...

Contact our customer support team and tell them you need just that cable and they might be able to help out in this situation.

Edit:

It seems you got the Lighting Node PRO from the LL RGB fan kit, I'll need to verify the contents of that kit, I was under the assumption you bought the Lighting Node PRO standalone (the kit that comes with the LED strips and not LL fans). My apologies. I've reached out to our product teams to see if we can offer the cable as a separate part on our website in the future. It was definitely not the intent to have users purchase another full RGB kit (fan kit or LED strip kit) just for a single cable.

Edited by Corsair CJ
Clarification. And realized that LNP came from LL kit.

The Lighting Node PRO should have come with two of those cables.

I saw, but on the photos they are with 4 cables connected, my one has two cables connected

55 euro to buy it just to get one more cable needed, sorry, but in this case I prefer to sell the two fans on ebay

Also, the hub is sold as a spare part for our cases that came with RGB fans (which would have a controller included with the case that'd plug directly into the hub). I'll suggest the the cable be added to the hub in the future (or that we change the info on the product page for the hub to mention that the cable to connect to Commander PRO/Lighting Node PRO is not included), but again you should have the cables you need to get going already...

Yes, and even if it'll be eventually mentioned that the cable is not included, at least sell that cable in the shop!!! There is nothing about that item in Corsair online shop and in any other shop around Europe... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Contact our customer support team and tell them you need just that cable and they might be able to help out in this situation.

I opened a ticket, we'll see

Edit:

It seems you got the Lighting Node PRO from the LL RGB fan kit, I'll need to verify the contents of that kit, I was under the assumption you bought the Lighting Node PRO standalone (the kit that comes with the LED strips and not LL fans). My apologies. I've reached out to our product teams to see if we can offer the cable as a separate part on our website in the future. It was definitely not the intent to have users purchase another full RGB kit (fan kit or LED strip kit) just for a single cable.

Correct, this is my situation

Sorry, I think to be the first guy on the Earth that want to manage more than 6 RGB fans in one system, it's my fault :cool:

Sorry, I think to be the first guy on the Earth that want to manage more than 6 RGB fans in one system, it's my fault :cool:

Oh, no, not at all.

See Zotty. And I'll have more soon as well

But ...between multiple Commander Pros and Lighting Node Pros, I think we both had the cables. It could well be, possibly, that a cable was missing from your LNP.

Hopefully Corsair will just send you the cable.

Oh, no, not at all.

See Zotty. And I'll have more soon as well

But ...between multiple Commander Pros and Lighting Node Pros, I think we both had the cables. It could well be, possibly, that a cable was missing from your LNP.

Hopefully Corsair will just send you the cable.

I bought just a second Hub, not a controller.

Anyway the ticket is open and updated (# 659651)

To have at least a shop anywhere selling that item, shipping in Italy, should be already a wonderful condition (remaining unbelievable anyway)

Definitively I have no words

The Customer Care pass my query to the tech support

The tech support just answer me, through the ticket opened: the Hub itself is sell without any cable, if I want another cable I MUST BUY ANOTHER CONTROLLER NODE PRO

What I kind of care of customers! I should spend 50€/60$ to get a 30 cents of cable????? Especially when I bought a 3 fan kit LL120 + 3 single LL140 fans + 2 HD140 RGB LED High Performance PWM Fan from Corsair Europe?????!!!!!

Guys, I have a Noctua NH-D15S as a CPU Cooler, I had this brand since years and you know why?

I sent 2 days ago an email to their customer care asking if I want install another brand's fan instead the Noctua stock one on the cooler

They answer me giving me a link: I found a web form where I give my datas plus the proof of purchase of my CPU cooler and they send me, FOR FREE, the right clips letting me to install any 14 cm fan on the CPU cooler

That's A REAL AND THE BEST CUSTOMER SUPPORT. I spent hundreds of euro in the past and I'll buy their products forever

Corsair?? :flamethro

With this experience I'll NEVER buy anything more of this brand for myself and for anyone else for all the next parts of PCs I'll have to plan, buy and assembly, even if it should be a Corsair screw

Corsair is death

Edited by zagor69

For those can need something like me, they can found it on ebay looking for a "3 pin Dupont"

It's the same connector but not Slave, not important for devices that don't have to move...

Good luck

Edited by zagor69

• 2 weeks later...
hello zagor69, i have the same issue as you. I cannot see the right part on moddiy.com? i only see the 4 pin, we need the 3 pin to connect a hub to the node?

You're right, I confuse the 4 pin fan connecting cable with 3 pin connecting Hub.

At the end I solved buying a 3 pin Dupont connector on ebay, they sell it already prepared for few dollars. OK, it's not exactly the same connector, but at the end you only need it to make a contact between 2 pins of two devices, and Dupont connector is perfect also if it is not a slave one like the originals.

To void any misunderstanding for the future I correct my previous post about Moddiy

Edited by zagor69

ah i see. thank you zagor69! life saver. its a real shame we have to do it this way. I was expecting to have the 2nd connection, or a way to connect a 2nd fan hub i already had when i bought my LL120 3 pack which came with node.

ah i see. thank you zagor69! life saver. its a real shame we have to do it this way. I was expecting to have the 2nd connection, or a way to connect a 2nd fan hub i already had when i bought my LL120 3 pack which came with node.

I understood what you mean, and you can image how much I was happy reading the Corsair Customer support answer (see the attachement)

crs.thumb.jpg.67960e7af11d55d899e47bd927d992c6.jpg

I understood what you mean, and you can image how much I was happy reading the Corsair Customer support answer (see the attachement)

Ugh. That's icky. Personally, I'd really like to see these cables available separately as well as extensions for the fan RGB connectors.

The LL120 3 pack with node really should have came with a spare cable in the box as well. I dont need the LED strips so didnt purchase the node pro with strips... i wanted to add the 3 x LL120s to my 6xHD120s.

c'mon corsair you can do better! I've always thought expensive but you get quality with corsair, but in the last week my cousins AIO cooler was DOA, dicky software. I am having this problem and also currently i cannot upgrade my corsair link, nor can i uninstall it. Getting corsair LINK 4 has stopped working error... its making me lose interest :(

• 6 months later...

I had an issue where my 3 LL120 fan kit did not include that cable, so from my RC aircraft days I had a spare 3 wire servo cable laying around. It worked perfectly, but pay attention to orientation. See the video I made detailing this. Hope this helps!

[ame]

[/ame]

I had an issue where my 3 LL120 fan kit did not include that cable, so from my RC aircraft days I had a spare 3 wire servo cable laying around. It worked perfectly, but pay attention to orientation. See the video I made detailing this. Hope this helps!

WOW!!!! from the frying pan into the fire, Mr Corsair!!!!!

Tks a lot olson! Everything make our systems working without Corsair products help a lot!!!!

If this topic has been readed 2242 times until today there will be a reason....

have a nice time!

As mentioned on your previous post, pin 1 on both sides supplies +5V. So the first wire should be disconnected. I do wonder if that's why you had smoke come out when you first connected. When you flipped it over, you match +5V with ground on each side. The data is on pin 2.

Snipping the wire for pin 1 would fix this.

• 1 month later...

Did anyone find somewhere or someway to get an extra cable?

I bought an ML120 Pro RGB 3 pack that came with 1 HD LED cable, NoPro and Hub. I bought the LED strip kit which doesn't include any cable to connect it to the NoPro, and I can't mix devices on channel 1, where the hub is plugged in.

Did anyone find somewhere or someway to get an extra cable?

I bought an ML120 Pro RGB 3 pack that came with 1 HD LED cable, NoPro and Hub. I bought the LED strip kit which doesn't include any cable to connect it to the NoPro, and I can't mix devices on channel 1, where the hub is plugged in.

Hello, welcome to the Corsair Last Customers Club

If you read my previous post dated 1st Jenuary 2018, you'll read something like

"The tech support just answer me, through the ticket opened: the Hub itself is sell without any cable, if I want another cable I MUST BUY ANOTHER CONTROLLER NODE PRO"

So, if you continue to read the other post, you'll understand it'll be faster and a lot cheaper doing the cable by yourself.

Personally I spent just some dollars through ebay for a 3 (dupoint) connector cable already assembled

No other ways

Unfortunately, my issue is to connect lighting strips to the 2nd channel of the NoPro, so I think I need a 3 pin on one end and 4 pin on the other, as the strips are 4 pin.

Don't think I can use the dupont clip method :(:

I saw the Corsair led strips are coming with a 3 pin connector cable, if you have a 4 pin connector on the strip it not should be a Corsair one

Anyway, you should find out if one of those 4 pins is not used, only in that case you can modd the connector making it suitable for the nodepro (cut it off)

Unfortunately, my issue is to connect lighting strips to the 2nd channel of the NoPro, so I think I need a 3 pin on one end and 4 pin on the other, as the strips are 4 pin.

Don't think I can use the dupont clip method :(:

Hi buddy... if you have the Corsair Pro Lighting strips. the strips should plug directly into the Lighting Node Pro.,, they are 3 pin as is the Node Pro,, are these the older Corsair strips you have?

Edited by Zotty