Corsair Community

Problem with ICUE. Is it Corsair, ASUS, or AMD?

DFM

Built my new 3700X on a Strix 570-E with a new H100i Platinum SE cooler.

Long story short, with ICUE running core voltage was pegged @1.45+V constantly at system idle, just watching CPU-Z(the accurate voltage read according to AMD in their reddit responses).

After shutting down stuff in the background with no changes, I got to ICUE.

The minute I shut it down, voltages began showing the expected fluctuations, down to below .5V.

Bios, drivers, windows up to date, using basic auto settings(memory not even OC, running at 2133).

Don't know whats causing the issue, but really would like to have ICUE running to control my peripherals(keyboard,mouse,headset and AIO).

Not sure if it's a ICUE problem, AMD problem, or ASUS problem, anyone got any ideas?

I have a suspicion ... try this to verify.

Exit iCUE and stop the Corsair Service.

Go to the iCUE install folder (by default C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software) and find cpuidsdk64.dll

Rename this file to cpuidsdk64.bak.

Restart iCUE.

Do you see the same behavior? [Note: You will lost monitoring of all non-Corsair devices when you do this]

Built my new 3700X on a Strix 570-E with a new H100i Platinum SE cooler.

Long story short, with ICUE running core voltage was pegged @1.45+V constantly at system idle, just watching CPU-Z(the accurate voltage read according to AMD in their reddit responses).

After shutting down stuff in the background with no changes, I got to ICUE.

The minute I shut it down, voltages began showing the expected fluctuations, down to below .5V.

Bios, drivers, windows up to date, using basic auto settings(memory not even OC, running at 2133).

Don't know whats causing the issue, but really would like to have ICUE running to control my peripherals(keyboard,mouse,headset and AIO).

Not sure if it's a ICUE problem, AMD problem, or ASUS problem, anyone got any ideas?

I found this quote in a reddit thread on the AMD sub:

Check out Jayztwocents on Youtube, the stock voltages on an Asus board were ridiculously high for stock he had to manually put in the defaults to get some sane temperatures out of it.

I found this quote in a reddit thread on the AMD sub:

Check out Jayztwocents on Youtube, the stock voltages on an Asus board were ridiculously high for stock he had to manually put in the defaults to get some sane temperatures out of it.

I've seen that video, and it made me triple check everything. The CH8 bios is different than the 570-E, and even setting manual voltages down(mine weren't waay off like his were on that board) didn't fix it.

I have a suspicion ... try this to verify.

Exit iCUE and stop the Corsair Service.

Go to the iCUE install folder (by default C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software) and find cpuidsdk64.dll

Rename this file to cpuidsdk64.bak.

Restart iCUE.

Do you see the same behavior? [Note: You will lost monitoring of all non-Corsair devices when you do this]

Ok, did that and Lost the H100i in the ICUE dashboard. Voltages again immediately jumped to showing 1.45-1.48 constant.

When I shut it down, they drop back down to .500v -1.3v right away.

I've seen that video, and it made me triple check everything. The CH8 bios is different than the 570-E, and even setting manual voltages down(mine weren't waay off like his were on that board) didn't fix it.

Cool, just trying to help a brother AMD'er out! Myself I'm springing for a new 2080 Super in a month I hope so I'm waiting until January for the motherboard/new Ryzen combo.

• Confused 1

The H100i is installed according to the instructions.

pump connected to USB header on bottom of MB, Fan attached to the correct CPU_Fan header(Bios throws a error if connected to the 2nd CPU_Fan) and the RGB 4 pins connected properly to #1&2.

Changed to a different USB header, still no change.

Edited by DFM