Corsair Community

ML140 Pro LED on 760T?

rx7dude

Hello,

I just bought 2 ML140 Pro red led fans for my H115i and they work great with Corsair link. I was just wondering if I can buy 3 more of these for my case (760T) and use them with the 760T's fan controller. The included case fans with 760T can get noisy on their higher speed setting.

Thanks!

The controller on the 760T case is a DC version. The ML fans are PWM motors and need 12v all the time. You would have to run it at the highest setting. Not recommended.

However, they are an appropriate fan for the case and the easy solution would be to move the new ML to the motherboard for fan control.

Oh ok!

So just connect all three of the new ML140 Reds to the chassis fan connectors on my motherboard and I'm all good right? Also what software then do you recommend for adjusting fan speeds for them then...?

You would need to use your BIOS fan settings or any other software capable of managing the same task. Options and solutions tend be very motherboard specific. You do need PWM capable headers on your motherboard as well. Typically not an issue on more recent boards.

I have an ASUS Z270-E Strix Motherboard with 2 available chassis fan headers. Will the Ml140 Red fans work with this connector? And since I only have 2 of these connectors how would you suggest I hook up the third fan?

I have an ASUS Z270-E Strix Motherboard with 2 available chassis fan headers. Will the Ml140 Red fans work with this connector? And since I only have 2 of these connectors how would you suggest I hook up the third fan?

Yes, they will work. And you can use a 2-way PWM splitter. Just make sure that it's PWM (4-pin) and you'll be good.

The other option (completely optional and not required) is to use a Commander Pro. You'd then control the fans in iCue.

Archived