Corsair Community

H115i RGB still powered on shutdown

Remorph

Hello corsair forum.

I just installed my new H115i on my Asus z370-g mobo and the led's on the aio wont stop reciving power when the pc is shutdown. I disabled fast boot and enabled ErP Ready for s4+s5 in bios. It is even still powered when the PSU is shtoff and the cable is plugged out. Does anyone have a fix for this, as i would like to sleep without my room lighting up in red.

Thanks!

That's quite odd. It's not a device thing though - it doesn't have a battery. Somehow, someway, it's still getting power from the SATA connection. There's no other way that this could happen.

Thanks for the repley.

Its now been 10 hours since i shutdown the computer and unplugged the psu and its still going strong. Do you think that it might be a PSU problem? I would hate to manually unplug the satapower from the AIO when i log off. Also, why havent corsair implemented a "turn off on shutdown" like Aura has done with my mobo rgb.

It turns off when it doesn't get any power. That should happen at shutdown. The motherboard needs a separate setting for that because it will still get +5V power on standby. But a SATA device doesn't need that.

So yes, I would look at your PSU. Somehow, the cooler is getting power on the SATA +5V rail. If your PSU is shut off at the switch, that shouldn't be happening. If it's unplugged, that really shouldn't be happening.

It turns off when it doesn't get any power. That should happen at shutdown. The motherboard needs a separate setting for that because it will still get +5V power on standby. But a SATA device doesn't need that.

So yes, I would look at your PSU. Somehow, the cooler is getting power on the SATA +5V rail. If your PSU is shut off at the switch, that shouldn't be happening. If it's unplugged, that really shouldn't be happening.

I posted a thread on another forum too and one of them said that the caps on the mobo still offers power to the usb connections even with psu turned off. Doesnt the cooler get the power from the sata and not the usb?

Hey DevBiker.

I noticed that my xbox controller is ligthening up when s4+s4 erp is on. My keyboard does only occoasinally light up with it turned up. Does this all come down to a bad mobo or is my whole system just broken from factory.. also the pump does some very annoying noises, almost like coilwhine

I suspect it has something to do with the ErP setting. It's a bit mysterious to me so I can't even begin to give you guidance on it ... but I've seen it mentioned in other places as well.

I don't think that it's a bad anything ... just a configuration tweak that needs to be figured out.

As for the noise ... I can't tell you. The pumps do make noise - that's unavoidable - but usually it isn't very noticeable, especially when fans are running.

• 3 months later...
I suspect it has something to do with the ErP setting. It's a bit mysterious to me so I can't even begin to give you guidance on it ... but I've seen it mentioned in other places as well.

I don't think that it's a bad anything ... just a configuration tweak that needs to be figured out.

As for the noise ... I can't tell you. The pumps do make noise - that's unavoidable - but usually it isn't very noticeable, especially when fans are running.

I got the H115i platinum RMA with my k95 keyboard (im so unlucky when it comes to broken upon arrivals). Anyways, i found out that the new DisplayPort cable i bought kept the H115i's lights on when the computer was shutdown. Dont know why, but i've gone back to my old (but broken) cable again.

• 7 months later...

I ran into this same issue today.

After shutdown, the H115i's LEDs would pulsate. Every 5 seconds, it'd also emit a mechanical churning sound, lasting for about 2 seconds.

This is even after removing the power cord from the machine!

I narrowed it down to my standard HDMI cable, which I had recently plugged into a cheap HDMI switch. Somehow that cable/switch was causing the system to send power to the H115i every few seconds.