Corsair Community

h100i with SP120 high performance fans (Speed issue)

Kaioshui

I replaced the stock fans on the h100i with the SP120s high performance. Since I've added them, I cannot adjust the fan speed under ~1800 which is WAY too loud. When i go from performance mode to quiet mode, it goes down from 2000 to 1800. I'm trying to get it around 1000.

I even tried setting the fixed(% and rpm) speed to 50%, 1000 RPM but going to fixed seemed to increase the speed.

If anyone has any idea for me, please shoot.

Thanks

I replaced the stock fans on the h100i with the SP120s high performance. Since I've added them, I cannot adjust the fan speed under ~1800 which is WAY too loud. When i go from performance mode to quiet mode, it goes down from 2000 to 1800. I'm trying to get it around 1000.

I even tried setting the fixed(% and rpm) speed to 50%, 1000 RPM but going to fixed seemed to increase the speed.

If anyone has any idea for me, please shoot.

Thanks

Let me help you out a little bit there buddy since I know right about now you are pretty frustrated.

The fan controller on the H100i will not control the sp120 performance edition 3 pin fan wire. What you will get is your current problem.

The H100i is only "guaranteed" to work with the included fans only.

Supposedly the H100i will properly control pwm fans and why there was a revision and pwm fans sent out to those who had problems.

Now all is not lost. Don't feel like you just wasted 40 dollars US in Corsair fans.

If you use the included fan speed reducers that came with the SP120 High performance edition 3 pin fans on the H100i pump you will gain some control over the SP120's.

Now you will be limited to 1600 rpm max but now the H100i will control Rpm on the SP120's but they will respond very slowly to fan speed changes.

There are LOTS and LOTS of threads on this subject since a lot of people have this problem.

I hope this helps you out. ;):

What a nice and solid response! Thank you so much! I actually returned them and instead ordered the 120 sp quiet edition to see if that would help. I actually did not see fan speed reducers in the box I may have overlooked that or else I would have tried.

Ill post back if the quiet editions work better

Thanks again

ordered the 120 sp quiet edition to see if that would help.VA - Trance Top 100 Vol 21

Possibly a good move. Several users have had success with the quiet edition fans, as have those that have tried the GT 1850 fans. I have my fingers crossed for you. ;):

Archived